Skip to main content

Legal Aid for Mother and Son in Need

I’m reaching out to ask for your support on behalf of a resilient and determined single mother who has been fighting a complex legal battle for over a year to secure the child support her child is legally owed.

Despite having a court order in place for child support payments, she has yet to receive a single dollar. The legal process has been slow, frustrating, and exhausting—and it’s clear that enforcement action is necessary. However, because this is an inter-country child support case, payments have still not been transmitted.

This mother has done everything right. She followed the legal process, complied with every requirement, and patiently waited for the system to work. But the delays have taken a real toll—not just on her, but on her child.

This young boy is exceptional. He’s consistently at the top of his class—bright, motivated, and full of potential. Due to the financial strain caused by the legal fees and by the lack of child support, sacrifices were made to get by and have the case moving. His mother has done everything she can to provide for him, but without legal help to enforce the court order, they’re stuck.

Now, the only way forward is to hire a lawyer to push the case through and force payments to be sent their way immediately —something this single mom simply can’t afford alone.

Your donation will help cover:

  • Attorney’s fees to pursue enforcement and push release of payments
  • Legal and court-related costs
  • Overdue educational expenses and restoring opportunities for her child

She isn’t asking for anything beyond what her son is legally entitled to. Your support—however big or small, or by simply sharing this page—can help her take the next step to secure a more stable future for her child.

Due to the sensitive nature of this situation, and to protect her child’s privacy, the mother has chosen to remain anonymous. If you’d like to reach out or send a message of support, feel free to contact me directly and I will relay it to her.

Please consider donating or sharing this page. Your help will make a real difference in the life of a child who has already overcome so much—and deserves the chance to keep shining.

Thank you for your kindness.

https://www.gofundme.com/manage/legal-aid-for-mother-and-son-in-need

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...