A gay-friendly commercial airs at a bar
MAGA: "Ugh" Me: What? MAGA: "That" :: points at the television :: Me: "That"? MAGA: "You gay or something?" Me: No, but what should it matter? MAGA: "Look, you can do whatever, but just don't shove it in my face. Keep that sh*t to yourself, okay? We don't need to be seeing all that lovey-dovey sh*t." Me: What are you watching on your phone over there? MAGA: "Lesbian porn"
After its first week, I gave The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore a B+ grade. While I didn't think the show appeared to be perfect by any stretch of the imagination, I also liked the Daily Show meets Politically Incorrect vibe I got from it, and thought, with the proper adjustments, the show would indeed provide a great fill-in for The Colbert Report . In the show's succeeding weeks, however, I've been less impressed by it and think that if it doesn't make certain adjustments, it could be in jeopardy of losing many long-time viewers of the show's time slot. One major issue I think the show's had to this point is a lack of direction. It's been unable to decide whether it wants to be a comedy show with serious conversation sprinkled in or a serious show with comedy sprinkled in. It's almost as if the show's writers want to give The Nightly Show a Real Time with Bill Maher feel. The problem with that idea or format is the fact Real Time is an hour lon...
Comments
Post a Comment