Skip to main content

Chicago Bears 30 Philadelphia Eagles 24

I don't have much to say about this game. It was like deja vu for the Eagles. In all five losses this year, it's been the same thing for them. They turn the ball over, commit untimely penalties, play awful red zone defense, give up chunks of yards via the run, abandon the running game, don't protect their quarterback, etc. This happened against Atlanta, New York (Giants), San Francisco, Buffalo and now Chicago.

The Bears dominated both lines of scrimmage. Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler has been sacked more than any quarterback in the time he's spent with the Bears. Last night? He didn't get sacked once and rarely felt any pressure. The line also opened up several large holes for tailbacks Matt Forte and Marion Barber. Cutler was clutch on third down, especially in the red zone. The Bears defense also pressured Michael Vick all game and laid the wood to him on several occasions. Whether or not he's able to walk today is 50/50.

Outside of that, Philly made too many mistakes. They got called with roughing the passer on a 3rd and goal, pass interference on a 3rd down in the red zone, etc. Michael Vick threw an interception when the Eagles were in field goal range. That wasn't the worst turnover, though. After tying Chicago 10-10 late in the 2nd quarter, DeSean Jackson fumbled the ball on a punt return at the Eagles 10-yard line, which led to a go-ahead touchdown for the Bears just before halftime. Both Jackson and Jeremy Maclin dropped two big catches which hit them right in the hands.

Up next for Philly are the Arizona Cardinals. Should Philly win? If the game were played on paper, then yes, without question, but then again, if games were played on paper, Philly would have won most of their eight games to this point and with the loss last night, have fallen to 3-5 and will likely need to go 7-1 to have any shot at a wild card berth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...