Skip to main content

#GOPDebate

It wasn't until an hour into the debate last night when I realized yet another GOP debate was airing. Fighting a headache throughout the proceedings, I tried to make the most of the final two hours of the debate, ended up posting 18 tweets during its duration, and will now list them, from the most to the least popular (to check out all my tweets, you can go here - https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki):

1) Cruz: "On Day 1, I will reverse all of President Obama's 228 unConstitutional executive orders, but none of Reagan's 381!"
#GOPDebate
47 Likes, 42 Retweets

2) Trump: "Conservatives are all about conserving, except oil, the environment, money, & human life, you know, b/c of guns & stuff."
#GOPDebate
51 Likes, 29 Retweets

3) Rubio: "When I'm president, I'll fight to take away LGBTs rights, but that does not make me a bigot!"
#GOPDebate
39 Likes, 27 Retweets

4) Rubio: "Dems are extremists for believing in LGBT & women's rights, & for decreasing abortion through contraception & education."
#GOPDebate
30 Likes, 27 Retweets

5) Rubio: "My strategy for every debate is to write down four talking points on this 3 x 5 notecard & repeat them throughout."
#GOPDebate
26 Likes, 21 Retweets

6) Rubio: "Muslims aren't discriminated against w/threats & stuff! Christians are for not being able to discriminate against gays!"
#GOPDebate
29 Likes, 15 Retweets

7) Carson: "I'm all about common sense, like when I said Obamacare is the worst thing since slavery. Amen."
#GOPDebate
22 Likes, 10 Retweets

8) Jeb!: "Conservatives believe in limited government, unless you're a minority, a woman, a Muslim, an LGBT person, etc. Fact!"
#GOPDebate
14 Likes, 14 Retweets

9) Trump: "Here's my specific plan: 1) Repeal Obamacare, 2) Replace it, & 3) Do something bigger & better. Period. Like yeah."
#GOPDebate
17 Likes, 10 Retweets

10) Deep Closing Thoughts with Donald Trump
"If I'm elected president, we'll do three things: 1) Win, 2) Win, and 3) Win!"
#GOPDebate
14 Likes, 10 Retweets

11) Cruz: "Webster's wrong. In my dictionary, waterboarding isn't torture. It's not not torture, but it's not torture, you know?"
#GOPDebate
11 Likes, 12 Retweets

12) Christie: "I'm now going to talk to everyone about bridges..."
#GOPDebate
12 Likes, 8 Retweets

12) Rubio: "On my 3 x 5 notecard, point #4 reads, 'HYPERBOLE! HYPERBOLE! HYPERBOLE! HYPERBOLE! Repeat.'"
#GOPDebate
12 Likes, 8 Retweets

14) Rubio: "It's not leadership to keep trying something knowing nothing will happen, well, unless it's repealing Obamacare."
#GOPDebate
14 Likes, 5 Retweets

15) Jeb!: "I'm going to finally show off my exclamation point and pick a fight with Trump! As my wise brother said, 'Bring 'em on!'"
#GOPDebate
8 Likes, 8 Retweets

16) Carson: "What are we talking about? Healthcare? I'm going to talk about North Korea, my webpage, & wanting to talk more instead."
#GOPDebate
10 Likes, 5 Retweets

17) Trump: "If I become president, I'll make things disappear quickly. From this point forward, just call me Witch Trump."
#GOPDebate
11 Likes, 2 Retweets

18) Cruz: "The World Health Organization & their biased rankings may not agree with me, but socialized healthcare just doesn't work!"
#GOPDebate
2 Likes, 2 Retweets

Totals: 367 Likes, 245 Retweets (Averages of 20.4 Likes, 13.6 Retweets)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...