Skip to main content

Jeff Sessions cannot recall what he had for breakfast 5 minutes ago

Right after Attorney General Jeff Sessions exited the Oval Office following a breakfast date with President Donald Trump, I caught up with the AG and engaged in the following back and forth with him:

Excuse me, excuse me, sir! Would you mind answering a couple questions?

Sessions: "Oh golly, gee whiz, oh my. Yeah, I guess. Shucks."

So, what did you and the president discuss over breakfast this morning?

Sessions: "You know, a lil bit of this, a lil bit of that, a lil bit of the other. You know how it goes."

No, not really, which is why I asked the question. Specifically, what did the two of you discuss this morning?

Sessions: "Big, important things, I mean, like really big and really important."

Okay, one more question....

Sessions: "You said it was going to be two questions..."

Well, you didn't really answer either of my first two, so I think it's only fair to answer a third.

Sessions: "Fine. Alright then. Go ahead."

What did you and the president eat for breakfast this morning?

Sessions: "You know what? I cannot recall what we ate. I'd have to rack my brain to remember."

You just ate, what, five minutes ago?

Sessions: "Somethin' like that"

So what did you eat? Do you really expect me to believe you can't remember what you ate five minutes ago?

Sessions: "Look, the president and I ate in private and I don't feel it's appropriate to share what it is we ate."

Are you citing executive privilege here, with regard to what you ate for breakfast with the president?

Sessions: "No, of course not! Only the president can do that! But I think it's only fair to let him know about the question and ask if he wants to do the executive privilege thing before I answer."

So you're refusing to answer the question, not because of executive privilege, but the possibility of executive privilege? Wouldn't that then mean you could stay silent for the rest of Trump's tenure due to the possibility he could cite executive privilege?

Sessions: "Could you say that again? I'm not sure I understand the question. Sorry."

Did you eat eggs?

Sessions: "I cannot recall."

How about pancakes? Did you have pancakes?

Sessions: "I cannot recall."

Bacon? French toast? Lucky Charms cereal?

Sessions: "I cannot recall."

Do you like any of the foods I just listed?

Sessions: "Perhaps, maybe, gee, I don't know. I guess, maybe, sometimes, possibly."

Can you give me a straight answer about anything?

Sessions: "I might have to get back to you on that."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...