Skip to main content

Hannity tries his hand at comedy...

Fox News host and man who yells at his kids while sleeping - Sean Hannity - decided to try his hand at (unintentional) comedy on his show Monday night, as he said this to former House Speaker Newt Gingrich:

"You know, Mr. Speaker, I kinda feel in many ways we've been--and you've been included in this and you've been an enormous help with great analysis--we've almost been a sole voice here of sanity in the media." 

Really? Okay, you can all stop laughing now. But seriously, really (where's Seth Meyers and Amy Poehler at when you need them?)?

According to Pulitzer Prize-winning fact-check site, Politifact, Hannity and Gingrich have the combined scorecard:

True: 12 (11.9%)

Mostly True: 12 (11.9%)

Half True: 24 (23.8%)

Mostly False: 19 (18.8%)

False: 21 (20.8%)

Pants on Fire: 13 (12.9%)

True/False Net: 23.8%/52.5% (-28.7%)

Mr. Hannity, what do you think about those numbers?

"You know, Mr. Speaker, I kinda feel in many ways we've been--and you've been included in this and you've been an enormous help with great analysis--we've almost been a sole voice here of sanity in the media." 

Okay then. He's a stubborn one, isn't he? How about I share a few quotes uttered by the two before-mentioned gentlemen and see what stubborn Sean thinks then?

Hannity: "Here you are, you're a liberal, probably define peace as the absence of conflict. I define peace as the ability to defend yourself and blow your enemies to smithereens."

Gingrich: "She's (his first wife) not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides, she has cancer."

Your thoughts, Sean?

"You know, Mr. Speaker, I kinda feel in many ways we've been--and you've been included in this and you've been an enormous help with great analysis--we've almost been a sole voice here of sanity in the media." 

Okay, let's try this again...

Hannity: "If someone's not attacking you that means you're not doing your job effectively."

Gingrich: "By the end of my second term, we will have the first permanent base on the moon. And it will be American."

Sean?

"You know, Mr. Speaker, I kinda feel in many ways we've been--and you've been included in this and you've been an enormous help with great analysis--we've almost been a sole voice here of sanity in the media." 

Let's try this one more time...

Hannity: "I don't think we should proselytize a particular religion." "The U.S. is the greatest, best country God has ever given man on the face of the earth." "I have liberal friends. They are misguided, they are wrong. I disagree with them. I don't want them to vote. I want them to go on vacation in November."

Gingrich: "I'm not a natural leader. I'm too intellectual; I'm too abstract; I think too much." "A mere 40 years ago, beach volleyball was just beginning. No bureaucrat would have invented it, and that's what freedom is all about." "Andrew Jackson had a pretty clear idea about America's enemies. Kill them."

Mr. Hannity, would you care to chime in and provide us your thoughts here?

"You know, Mr. Speaker, I kinda feel in many ways we've been--and you've been included in this and you've been an enormous help with great analysis--we've almost been a sole voice here of sanity in the media." 

I give up. I guess, according to Sean Hannity, down is up, white is black, wrong is right, and insanity is sanity.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/hannity-to-newt-gingrich-weve-almost-been-a-sole-voice-of-sanity-in-the-media/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/sean-hannity/

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/newt-gingrich/

http://www.azquotes.com/author/6226-Sean_Hannity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...