Skip to main content

A fictional interview with author Craig Rozniecki about his latest book, "Trumplandia"

Rush Puffball: "What on earth does that title mean?"

The critically-acclaimed Fred Armisen hit, Portlandia, satirizes hipster life in Portland, Oregon. I can't tell you how many times I've been told by my Twitter followers that they'd love to see such a show about far-right conservatives. So I thought I'd provide them with just that with Trumplandia.


Bill O'Lielly: "What's with the cover? What, you know, is with it, you know? Tell me about it."

No, I don't really know, but I'll attempt to answer your question anyway. I was initially having more trouble coming up with a title and cover idea for this book than I had in the past. One morning, however, after the title Trumplandia came to mind, I immediately envisioned Grant Wood's "American Gothic" painting and took things from there. Many critics viewed Wood's classic as a parody of rural, small-town life, so in essence, my cover is a parody of a parody. It stars two stereotypical Trump supporters - the man sporting a firearm instead of a pitchfork. Their small home is in the middle of a trailer park, where a sign which reads "No Animals Allowed" is front and center. The vultures flying overhead are there to symbolize the death of the Republican Party - at least what it once was, as well as the fact a wall won't stop illegal immigration, no matter how many or how large the signs are.


Sean Insanity: "What's your favorite color? Wait, that's not for you. It's for the president."

Donald Trump: "Circle"


Trumplandia will become available for purchase on your Kindle at just $2.99 this Wednesday (4/24). Stay tuned! If you want to take a closer look at the book and/or pre-order it, you may do so here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QTDTRMK?ref_=pe_3052080_276849420


While awaiting my new book, feel free to check out my other works at the following two sites:

Paperback: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thetaoofroz

Kindle: https://www.amazon.com/Craig-Rozniecki/e/B00JBQ95LO

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...