Skip to main content

What I learned in Week 8 of the NFL season,,,

In Week 8 of the NFL season, I learned that...

- ..., as New York Jets quarterback Sam Darnold has demonstrated, one of the side effects of getting over mononucleosis is seeing ghosts for at least 2 weeks.

- ...Indianapolis Colts place kicker Adam Vinatieri is the first 96-year-old to ever go from goat to GOAT in an NFL game.

- ..., at just the halfway point of the season, Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston is already being named the Walter Payton Man of the Year, due to his volunteer and charity work. For the first time in the history of the award, it's being given to an individual for their giving nature on the field and not off it.

- ...Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield won an old college bet that you CAN in fact get intercepted on a shovel pass. Quick, someone get that guy a Busch!

- ...the three slowest moving things in history are, in no particular order: a sloth on Prozac; a dead person; and a Philip Rivers pass.

- ...Chicago shall now be known as the burnt-out Bears, for their offense continually puts forth time, energy, and effort, yet constantly feel as if they accomplished nothing. Sadly for them, they're usually right.

- ..., in his spare time, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is obviously a magician, for even when he looks straight at the ground, he can see downfield better than anyone in human history, even that old creepy neighbor of yours with the binoculars.

- ..., even after seeing their team improve to 7-0, San Francisco 49ers fans are making like Cleveland Indians fans from the film "Major League," and asking, "Who are these f*cking guys?!?"

- ...the question on everyone's mind has finally been answered - yes, the New Orleans Saints can win without 5-0 backup quarterback Teddy Bridgewater.

- ...the Cincinnati Bengals are bloody awful blokes, regardless of the country they play in. Their playcalling in London was barmy codswallop. Fans deserve to be narked and get pissed while noshing up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...