Skip to main content

The United States of Idiocracy

We are truly living in Idiocracy.

MAGAs regularly, and ironically I might add, like to declare America has lost itself, ever since it parted ways with Christ. I say 'ironically,' because these same individuals worship a man (Trump) who is the antithesis of Christ and his teachings. If you don't believe me, read the Bible sometime. Trump is literally antichrist.

No matter what one's religious beliefs are, however, if one believes in 'free will,' said beliefs are not determinative of a country's production and overall standing. That's not the case when it comes to 'rule of law' and 'truth,' however.

Donald Trump was convicted on 34 felony counts. He was charged with 54 additional felonies. The man was found liable for: fraud, defamation (twice), and raping a woman. In his first term, he was documented as to having lied 30,573 times. It was commonplace for both he and members of his administration to use language such as:

- "Fake news"
- "Alternative facts"
- "Don't believe what you see"
- "Truth isn't truth"

So, in 2024, a majority of voters essentially said they didn't care about law, truth, nor morality - at least for some. Whether one wants to believe in a higher power or not, the fact of the matter is a nation cannot survive without truth and law. No, neither entity is perfect, and as humans - their creators, neither are we. However, no matter how outdated or unjust a law may be, it can be changed. No matter how far away from the truth we may be on a matter, we can always get closer. When we've lost law, we've lost order. When we've lost truth, we've lost reality. A nation cannot exist void of order and reality.

Education exists for a reason - several of them, as a matter of fact. Thousands of students are attending medical school, not to conjure up a COVID vaccine, in order to magically take over the world, but to treat, help, and even save lives. Not everything is biased. Not everyone is out to get you. Truth isn't partisan, and the more we treat it as such, the further we'll fall - to a place of potentially irretrievable non-identity and chaos.
https://nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/meta-ends-fact-checking-program-community-notes-x-rcna186468
#MAGACultMorons #FightForTruth

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...