Skip to main content

Tea Partiers claim Obama and Democrats are out of touch with "Real Americans". How about fellow Tea Partier, John Fleming?

As I'm sure many have heard by now, Republican Congressman of Louisiana (Tea Party), John Fleming, made some headlines the other day when he spoke out against President Obama's plan to raise taxes on the uber-wealthy.

To go along with the $174,000 Fleming makes being a Congressman, he also pulls in a whopping $6.3 million worth of investments. So, unlike most other Congresspeople, whom make a paltry $174,000 and wouldn't see tax increases, Fleming would.

When asked about this on MSNBC by Chris Jansing, Fleming said the following:

"That's before you pay 500 employees, you pay rent, you pay equipment and food. The actual net income of that was only a mere fraction of that amount" ($600,000). He added, "By the time I feed my family, I have maybe $400,000 to invest in new locations, upgrade my locations, but more equipment..."

So, let me get this straight. The medium income for the American family is approximately $50,000. Doing the math, Fleming style, he pays $200,000 a year to feed his family.

Fleming math: Feeding his family ($200,000) = net income of four families ($200,000).

Either Fleming is raising an entire village of people, he needs to take a math course (or several) or he's full of crap. I'm going to go with numbers two and three on that list. I can tell you one thing - these statements by Fleming are worth $0.00.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/09/19/does-it-really-cost-this-tea-party-congressman-200-000-to-feed/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...