Skip to main content

Former Ron Paul Aide Loses His Mind

Former Ron Paul aide Eric Dondero added to the chorus of angry conservatives following the re-election of Barack Obama. He went above and beyond all those before him, however.

In a post he made on the site LibertarianRepublican.net, Dondero wrote:

"All family and friends, even close family and friends, who I know to be Democrats are hereby dead to me. I vow never to speak to them again for the rest of my life, or have any communications with them. They are in short, the enemies of liberty. They deserve nothing less than hatred and utter contempt.

I strongly urge all other libertarians to do the same. Are you married to someone who voted for Obama, have a girlfriend who voted 'O'. Divorce them. Break up with them without haste. Vow not to attend family functions, Thanksgiving dinner or Christmas for example, if there will be any family members in attendance who are Democrats.

Do you work for someone who voted for Obama/ Quit your job. Co-workers who voted for Obama. Simply don't talk to them in the workplace, unless your boss instructs you too for work-related only purposes. Have clients who voted Democrat? Call them up this morning and tell them to take their business elsewhere.

Have a neighbor who votes for Obama? You could take a crap on their lawn. Then again, probably not a good idea since it would be technically illegal to do this. But you could have your dog take care of business. Not your fault if he just happens to choose that particular spot."

...and the award for Friend of the Year, Father of the Year, Brother of the Year, Son of the Year, Neighbor of the Year, Man of the Year, and Person of the Year goes to... Eric Dondero!!!

Mr. Dondero sounds like a kind-hearted and personable gentleman, doesn't he? So, how is this guy going to know how everyone voted before speaking with or doing business with them? Instead of saying, "Hey, how's it going?" is he going to ask, "Hey, before we get to anything, I have one question to ask you - did you vote for Obama?" What if the person voted for Obama in '08 by not '12, or voted for the Democratic candidate in '12 but not '08? What if someone voted for Romney because he or she was from Massachusetts when Romney was Governor there and they liked Romneycare? What if the person voted for Jill Stein, who's more liberal than Obama?

I think what makes me laugh more than anything was the following line that Dondero wrote in his blog - "They (Democrats/Obama-voters) are in short, the enemies of liberty. They deserve nothing less than hatred and utter contempt." Voters, whether they voted for Obama, Romney, or a third-party candidate, were expressing their freedom. While I may not have agreed with Romney-voters' choice, I believe in their right to cast that vote. Dondero is essentially saying that for Obama-voters expressing their freedom on election day, they are showcasing they're anti-freedom, and due to this freedom-anti-freedom decision of theirs, Dondero will no longer speak/do business with them. Does this guy realize how ridiculous and immature he sounds?

What's Dondero going to do with himself? Is he going to listen to Ted Nugent on repeat for the rest of his life? Only eat at Chic-fil-A? Only watch Fox News? Not watch any movies? Create a sub-family and call them The Real Dondero's, where they'll celebrate holidays together? Not answer his phone anymore? Not answer his door anymore? I really don't think Mr. Dondero has thought his blog through and will run into problems within the next few minutes, if he hasn't already.

Dan Amira, of NY Mag, was a lovely smart aleck about Dondero's blog and decided to e-mail him some questions. Dondero was reluctant at first, but after thinking about things further, responded in full. Here's one example of this fabulous question and answer session, which can be read in full at the link I've provided:

Amira: "You come upon a neighbor - whom you know to be a Democrat - drowning in a lake. You're the only person in the vicinity. Do you help him?"

Dondero: "Whew! Now that one is really, really tough. I honestly do not have an answer for that one. You could always be a smartas* about it I suppose. Scream: 'Hey Joe, you sure you're a Democrat? Just say the word, 'Obama sucks,' simple as that. Just mouth the words 'Obama sucks' and I'm in the water.'"

Like I said - ridiculous and immature, and I suppose I should add the word idiotic as well. I've got a new, more appropriate award for Eric Dondero - Schmuck of the Year.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2012/11/eric-dondero-boycott-democrat-libertarian.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...