Skip to main content

Steve King says Benghazi = Watergate + Iran-Contra x 10. My response? Steve King = an idiot

Iowa Republican Representative Steve King had quite the words with regard to Benghazi yesterday, when he said:

"I believe that it's (Benghazi) a lot bigger than Watergate, and if you link Watergate and Iran-Contra together and multiply it times maybe 10 or so, you're going to get in the zone where Benghazi is. I don't think the public has any idea, and I tell you, I don't either, of the chronology of the events - what took place, and who was where doing what and why. And all the way down through - we still haven't seen an autopsy report on the ambassador yet. Simple questions that you would ask in the first 24 hours have not been asked yet."

That's right, ladies and gentleman. Benghazi is "a lot bigger than Watergate, and if you link Watergate and Iran-Contra together and multiply it times maybe 10 or so, you're going to get in the zone where Benghazi is," says a guy who has this to say regarding his knowledge of the event - "...I don't think the public has any idea, and I tell you, I don't either, of the chronology of the events - what took place, and who was where doing what and why..."

Steve King doesn't know what happened in Benghazi, who was where doing what and why, but he knows that it was worse than Watergate and Iran-Contra combined! He'd make for a great witness at a trial, wouldn't he?

Prosecutor: "Mr. King, describe for the jury the actions of the defendant, Joshua Shwing..."

King: "They were the most horrible, cruel, evil acts in the history of man! Take Hitler and Stalin's actions, multiply those by 492.7 and you might come close to where the defendant's actions are..."

Prosecutor: "No further questions, your honor..."

Defense: "Mr. King, did you personally ever see my client commit these awful crimes you just described?"

King: "No"

Defense: "Do you know of anyone who did?"

King: "No"

Defense: "Have you ever met my client before?"

King: "No"

Defense: "Before this very moment, had you ever seen my client before?"

King: "No"

Defense: "So, you expect the jury to believe that someone such as yourself who had never met or even seen my client before you entered court today can give an accurate testimony on the criminal actions he's being accused of?"

King: "Yes, of course."

Defense: "Mr. King - are you an idiot?"

King: "Huh?"

Defense: "No further questions, your honor..."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/dec/12/rep-king-benghazi-10-times-bigger-watergate-iran-c/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...