Skip to main content

Indiana's Richard Mourdock in denial about failed Senate bid

Richard Mourdock - an Indiana Republican who lost to Joe Donnelly in his Senate bid last month - has recently sent the following fundraising e-mail via his finance director, Ashlee Walls:

"After a bitter, hard-fought campaign, many Republicans all over the country were forced to accept defeat rather than celebrate victory. In our case, we found our campaign caught in the liberal media crosshairs. Never has Indiana seen a more obvious example of media bias by reporters more interested in defeating conservatives than reporting the news..."

In the e-mail, Walls also added, "We fought back and invested heavily in a last-minute push to combat the slew of false accusations Democrats and the liberal media churned up to distract voters."

Right... What were these false accusations? During a debate, when asked about a woman being impregnated through rape, Mourdock responded with the following words:

"I struggled with it myself a long time but I came to realize that life is a gift from God, that I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape that it is something that God intended to happen."

No, nothing could go wrong with that statement... When a man running for Senate includes the words "rape" and "something that God intended to happen" within the same sentence, good luck trying to either effectively run away from that comment or spin it in his favor. Only Mr. Mourdock knows his true intent with the statement, but how it came across to many people nationwide, including Indiana voters, was that pregnancies via rape are things that God intended to happen.

Mr. Mourdock can blame the media all he wants. Most media outlets don't care about which candidate they're going to potentially hurt with a story. They care about the ratings they'll earn from that story. When Mr. Mourdock uttered those ridiculously stupid words in a debate, like a dog's ears perk when it hears the word "treat," so too did the national media's ears (and perhaps other parts of their bodies). Mourdock can go on living in denial about his Senate loss being the fault of the "liberal media," but the "liberal media" aren't the ones who uttered the words, "I struggled with it myself a long time but I came to realize that life is a gift from God, that I think even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape that it is something that God intended to happen." Sorry buddy, but that was your own doing right there.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/272179-mourdock-email-blames-liberal-media-for-his-senate-loss

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/263727-mourdock-says-pregnancy-from-rape-can-be-something-god-intended-to-happen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...