Skip to main content

My new book will be released on Friday, June 14th (the 6-month anniversary of the Sandy Hook shooting)

I'm not really one to believe in fate or destiny. I tend to believe in chance and coincidence. While I still believe that chance and coincidence are much more likely to be the case than fate and destiny with regard to a recent series of events, I have paused for a moment to wonder if the less likely of the two scenarios could possibly be true, before shaking my head and saying, "Nah."

Not long ago, I received a comment from a radio talk show host in Los Angeles (Norman Goldman), who complimented a blog I wrote, and shared that blog on his Facebook, Twitter, and home pages. It sounded as if he discussed the very topic my blog centered around on a show of his as well. This past Saturday, I laughed hysterically at the fact a proof copy of my new book - LOL at the GOP - Volume 3: Guns Don't Kill, Cars Don't Drive, and Ovens Don't Bake - was in my car at the time a person laid a flier on the vehicle regarding a gun-training program in Central Ohio headed by an NRA-certified instructor. Due to a couple of typos I noticed in the first proof copy of my new book, I fixed the errors and sent away for a second copy, only to realize that this coming Friday is the 6-month anniversary of the Sandy Hook school shooting. Chances are I'll receive the book on Wednesday or Thursday, but thought to myself, "How fitting would it be for this book to be released on the 6-month anniversary of the horrific school shooting which, along with the debates it prompted, was the main inspiration for this book in the first place?"

So, after very little deliberation, I have decided to release the book in both paperback and Kindle form on Friday, June 14th - 6 months to the day when the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut took place.

I'll be certain to update readers on the matter over the next week, but mark your calendars - LOL at the GOP - Volume 3: Guns Don't Kill, Cars Don't Drive, and Ovens Don't Bake will be available for purchase this coming Friday, June 14th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...