Skip to main content

Future Dance Instructor Floyd Mayweather

After defeating Manny Pacquiao on Saturday night, boxing great Floyd Mayweather said that after his boxing career comes to a close, he's going to become a dance instructor.

"If there's one thing I like more than punching people in the face, it's dancing," said the 38-year-old Mayweather, adding, "Whether it's in the ring, with the press, or elsewhere, there's one thing I've always excelled at, and that's dancing."

When asked what type of dancing Mayweather would teach, he said this:

"There isn't really a specific name for my kind of dancing. It's different from any other kind of dancing. With the dancing I'm gonna teach, guys all over the world will start taking their ladies out on the dance-floor, with their fists raised up, moving their heads side to side, and trying to keep as far away from these women as possible. Every now and again, perhaps toward the mid portions of songs, guys will reach out for their dance partners and wrap their arms around them until the women push them off. Then, every now and again, they'll kind of bounce around in circles around these ladies before moving in again and starting the cycle all over again. It takes a lot of energy out of you to do this off and on for up to 36 minutes at a time, let alone trying to avoid women flinging purses at your face or spraying Mace toward you. You know what? Now that I've thought about it, that Duck Dynasty was a hit show; perhaps I'll just call this 'Defensive Duck Dancing,' or DDD. Yeah, that sounds good."

I then asked the boxing great if his dancing class would be as boring as his fights, and he responded, "Yeah, probably, but people will still pay money to see it live on pay-per-view. This time, though, I'll probably only charge $50 per lesson. It's a bargain if you ask me."

Lastly, after asking him a question concerning his domestic violence allegations, Mayweather danced around the subject entirely before singing Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself."

After reading this article, Manny Pacquiao reportedly said, "'Dancing With Myself'? In or out of the ring, how fitting..."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...