Skip to main content

Revisionist history, Louie Gohmert style

It seems that Republican politicians, those running for president in particular, are suffering from a serious case of selective Alzheimer's regarding the Iraq War. Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush has gone back and forth on the matter more than a dance instructor tripping on acid. Florida Senator Marco Rubio has done similarly, only without the occasional hearing lapse. Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal has gone the denial route and attempted to paint the war in a positive light without actually answering what he would have done if he had known then what he knows now with regard to Iraq. That brings us to Texas Congressman and man voted most likely to be turned in by his own wife to an insane asylum - Louie Gohmert - who recently said this on a radio talk show regarding the matter:

"Everybody else wants to ask that question of, 'Gee, would you have gone into Iraq if you'd known what you know now?' If President Bush had known that he would have a total incompetent follow him that would not even be able to negotiate a status of forces agreement with Iraq and start helping our enemies and just totally put the Middle East in chaos, then he would have to think twice about doing anything if he had known he would have such a total incompetent leader take over after him. That should be the question."

That's right, ladies and gentlemen; Louie Gohmert is blaming President Obama for what came of the Iraq War when he stepped into the Oval Office almost 6 years after the initial invasion of that country. Nevermind going to war based on a false premise set up by the Bush administration, the false intelligence reports, the exaggeration of those very reports, the naive optimism going in, the damage to our national debt, the "mission accomplished" banner before said mission was actually (if ever truly) accomplished, the seemingly nonstop changes of our actual purpose for invading, not ever finding weapons of mass destruction, not thinking about the long-term repercussions both foreign and domestic, need I continue?

You see, Louie, there is such a thing as before and after, of cause and effect. Please allow me to explain. If a woman is the unfortunate victim of domestic violence in a marriage and this leads to a downward spiral of events, such as drug and alcohol abuse, before she divorces him and gets married to another man whom helps her turn her life around again, a friend of that first husband can't then come around and say, "You know what I saw? I saw her drinking a glass of wine the other night at this fancy restaurant. You know whose fault that is? That second husband's!" Things don't work that way. That's similar to the case you presented here. We got ourselves into the mess that is the Iraq War because of President George W. Bush and his administration. Just like we can't blame President George W. Bush with slavery, we can't blame President Barack Obama for the Iraq War.

Given the loony congressman's seeming inability to grasp the concept of before and after or cause and effect, expect him to utter the following lines at some point in his lifetime:

- "What came first, the chicken or the egg? The Jesus!"

- "You know how this country would have felt safer? If Obama didn't let 9/11 happen!"

- "After I slept with that hooker came this disease, so apparently I had the disease before sleeping with the hooker!"

- "If Bill Clinton had more balls as president, Hitler would never have been able to do what he did!"

- "Wait, are you suggesting I said something stupid before or after I said something stupid?"

Both...

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/louie-gohmert-bush-would-never-have-invaded-iraq-if-he-knew-obama-would-come-along-and-bungle-it/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...