Skip to main content

Election prediction rundown

Tomorrow's election day, so as has been the case the past couple of election cycles, here are my state-by-state predictions.

2008: 51 out of 51 (including D.C.)
2012: 50 out of 51 (Florida)

Hillary Clinton (D) (states listed from most likely to least likely victories)
1. Washington, D.C.: 3 electoral votes (3 total)
2. Vermont: 3 electoral votes (6 total)
3. Hawaii: 4 electoral votes (10 total)
4. Maryland: 10 electoral votes (20 total)
5. Delaware: 3 electoral votes (23 total)
6. Rhode Island: 4 electoral votes (27 total)
7. California: 55 electoral votes (82 total)
8. Massachusetts: 11 electoral votes (93 total)
9. New York: 29 electoral votes (122 total)
10. Illinois: 20 electoral votes (142 total)
11. Connecticut: 7 electoral votes (149 total)
12. New Jersey: 14 electoral votes (163 total)
13. Washington: 12 electoral votes (175 total)
14. Oregon: 7 electoral votes (182 total)
15. New Mexico: 5 electoral votes (187 total)
16. Virginia: 13 electoral votes (200 total)
17. Maine: 4 electoral votes (204 total)
18. Michigan: 16 electoral votes (220 total)
19. Minnesota: 10 electoral votes (230 total)
20. Colorado: 9 electoral votes (239 total)
21. Pennsylvania: 20 electoral votes (259 total)
22. Wisconsin: 10 electoral votes (269 total)
23. Nevada: 6 electoral votes (275 total)
24. New Hampshire: 4 electoral votes (279 total)
25. Florida: 29 electoral votes (308 total)
26. North Carolina: 15 electoral votes (323 total)

Donald Trump (R)
1. Oklahoma: 7 electoral votes (7 total)
2. Idaho: 4 electoral votes (11 total)
3. Wyoming: 3 electoral votes (14 total)
4. Alabama: 9 electoral votes (23 total)
5. West Virginia: 5 electoral votes (28 total)
6. South Dakota: 3 electoral votes (31 total)
7. Tennessee: 11 electoral votes (42 total)
8. Nebraska: 5 electoral votes (47 total)
9. North Dakota: 3 electoral votes (50 total)
10. Kansas: 6 electoral votes (56 total)
11. Kentucky: 8 electoral votes (64 total)
12. Arkansas: 6 electoral votes (70 total)
13. Louisiana: 8 electoral votes (78 total)
14. Montana: 3 electoral votes (81 total)
15. Mississippi: 6 electoral votes (87 total)
16. South Carolina: 9 electoral votes (96 total)
17. Missouri: 10 electoral votes (106 total)
18. Indiana: 11 electoral votes (117 total)
19. Utah: 6 electoral votes (123 total)
20. Alaska: 3 electoral votes (126 total)
21. Texas: 38 electoral votes (164 total)
22. Georgia: 16 electoral votes (180 total)
23. Ohio: 18 electoral votes (198 total)
24. Iowa: 6 electoral votes (204 total)
25. Arizona: 11 electoral votes (215 total)

Final prediction
Hillary Clinton: 323 electoral votes

Donald Trump: 215 electoral votes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...