Skip to main content

The madness is about to start!

It's almost here! Beginning tomorrow, March Madness will be on full display, and I can't wait! Since there isn't one or two teams that stand out to me this year, I'm thinking this tournament will be especially crazy (in a good way). Bring on the chaos! How wide open are things this year? I see these 9 teams all having a decent shot and running the table and winning the title:

2 Arizona
2 Duke
1 Gonzaga
1 Kansas
2 Kentucky
2 Louisville
1 North Carolina
3 UCLA
1 Villanova

Here are four teams which have the skill and talent to make a run for it as well:

3 Florida State
5 Notre Dame
3 Oregon
4 West Virginia

Lastly, here are a couple of potential sleepers:

7 Michigan
6 SMU

As far as 1st round upsets go, here are ten games to keep your eyes on:

9 Michigan State over 8 Miami (Florida)
9 Seton Hall over 8 Arkansas
9 Vanderbilt over 8 Northwestern
10 Marquette over 7 South Carolina
10 Virginia Commonwealth over 7 St. Mary's
10 Wichita State over 7 Dayton
11 Rhode Island over 6 Creighton
11 Xavier over 6 Maryland
12 Middle Tennessee State over 5 Minnesota
12 UNC-Wilmington over 5 Virginia
13 East Tennessee State over 4 Florida
14 Florida Gulf Coast over 3 Florida State

Here are some potential chaos starters to watch out for:

5 Iowa State (Elite 8)
6 SMU (Elite 8)
9 Michigan State (Sweet 16)
11 Xavier (Sweet 16)
12 Middle Tennessee State (Sweet 16)
13 East Tennessee State (Sweet 16)

Lastly, here are my Final Four picks:

1 Villanova
2 Arizona

2 Louisville
3 UCLA

My finals:

2 Arizona
2 Louisville

My national title winner:

2 Arizona

Yeah, we'll see how off I am with my picks. Regardless, best of luck filling out your brackets and may this March be madder than ever! Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...