Skip to main content

"The Truman Show" starring Donald Trump

"This is Wolf Blitzer in the Situation Room, bringing situations you wouldn't normally be having in your room, in your room. We just received live breaking news here at CNN, as it appears O.J. Simpson is attempting to reenact scenes from Die Hard movies in downtown New York City. Apparently he's an incredibly bad shot, as no one has been injured or killed by his gunshots to this point. As you can see, the NYPD is doing everything in their power to not let O.J. have his 'yippee ki-yay' moment. It looks as if O.J. has run out of bullets and is running! He was just handed a football! The NYPD is coming after him! Oh, I'm being told we're going to break from this for a moment. We'll get you back to that as soon as we can, but as you can see, Donald Trump is about to tie his shoes. Oh, he's having a little bit of trouble with that right one, isn't he? There's that shake of the head, a heavy sigh. Okay, he's done the right one. Onto the left. I wonder if he always goes right before he goes left. That's something we'll have to watch very closely next time on The Situation Room. Well, if one thing's for certain, the president isn't an expert at tying shoes, but that's not what he was elected for, I'm guessing. Both his shoes are now tied. He's standing up, walking, surrounded by security, into a limo, and they're off to who knows where. Okay, so where were we with O.J.? I'm being told he's still running, but fumbled the football 20 yards ago. We'll check on that after a short commercial break and after we see whether or not President Trump has exited his vehicle and is walking, talking, blowing his nose, or eating a Whopper. Stay tuned!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...