Skip to main content

Trump promises to bring back VCR jobs

After promising to bring back jobs in the coal-mining industry, jobs which have been on the decline for the past three decades, President Donald Trump continued his push forward by turning to the past by saying he was also going to bring back VCR-related jobs, jobs which have pretty much gone the way of the Dodo bird. In his nationally televised speech on Wednesday night, Trump said the following:

"When I said I was going to bring back jobs that don't exist anymore and make America great again, I meant every word of that, believe me! I already told coal miners about the invisible jobs I'll be giving them. In a week or two, I'll be telling the world about my plan to bring back telegraph jobs. It's gonna be terrific, just fantastic, people! Today, though, I'm gonna tell you about a new, a new old industry I'm gonna bring back. Not only will we have coal-mining and telegraph-type jobs again, but I'm bringing back VCR jobs! I'm not sure anyone owns them anymore or if they could be of use to anyone anymore, but I'm gonna force every household to have at least one VCR, because, you know, freedom! Blockbuster will be back! That local movie store place by you that's called something like All Star Videos or whatever will be back! You'll have to be kind and rewind again! I mean, who doesn't miss paying extra for not rewinding these things? I mean, seriously?!? This will force camcorders to be made again. This will make more people have back problems, so we'll need more chiropractors! The number of jobs this is gonna create is just gonna be unbelievable, believe me! So, in conclusion, VCRs, be kind and rewind, pay fines, make America great again!"

After hearing his proposal, the public seems all but certain that his new jobs plan will all but end the job of one person come 2021 - President Donald J. Trump.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...