Skip to main content

#SallyYates

I had some fun with the trending hashtag #SallyYates on Twitter the other day. Here are my posts, ordered from the most to the least popular (all my tweets can be read here - https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki):

1) Sasse: "I thought this hearing was about Russia, but it appears my Republican colleagues thought it was about something else."
#SallyYates
9,668 Likes, 3,697 Retweets

2) Cruz: "I'm a big Constitutional genius!"

Yates: "Get ready for some shrinkage, because I'm gonna throw cold water your way!"
#SallyYates
355 Likes, 84 Retweets

3) Cruz: "It's my goal today to be known as the biggest jacka*s in the history of mankind."
#SallyYates
277 Likes, 60 Retweets

4) Murder trial
Dems: "Is the guy guilty of killing another?"
Reps: "Who leaked the story to the crooked fake news media?"
#SallyYates
238 Likes, 71 Retweets

5) Dems:"This is about Russia."
Sasse:"This is about Russia."
Rest of GOP:"This is about Muslims, (Susan) Rice & (Anthony) Weiner."
#SallyYates
179 Likes, 85 Retweets

6) Here's Ted Cruz after Sally Yates was done with him... (pic of knocked-out boxer)
#SallyYates
181 Likes, 41 Retweets

7) Every time a GOP senator tried showing up Sally Yates this afternoon, she was like... ("Mortal Kombat" GIF)
#SallyYates
85 Likes, 33  Retweets

8) Kennedy: "Have you ever released 'unclassified' information?"
Clapper/Yates: "Unclassified? Uh, well, yeah..."
#SallyYates
93 Likes, 21 Retweets

9) It's official; this is now Sally Yates' theme song... - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vimZj8HW0Kg ("Mama Said Knock You Out" GIF)
#SallyYates
54 Likes, 14 Retweets

10) Kennedy: "When was the president sworn in again? It's always January 17th, right?"
#SallyYates
20 Likes, 4 Retweets

Totals: 11,150 Likes, 4,110 Retweets (Averages of 1,115.0 Likes, 411.0 Retweets)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...