Skip to main content

The Top Ten Future Basic-Knowledge Gaffes by Donald Trump

When recently asked about climate-change by a Washington Post reporter, Donald Trump said the following:

"One of the problems that a lot of people like myself - we have very high levels of intelligence, but we're not necessarily such believers. You look at our air and our water, and it's right now at a record clean. But when you look at China and you look at parts of Asia and when you look at South America, and when you look at many other places in this world, including Russia, including - just many other places - the air is incredibly dirty. And when you're talking about an atmosphere, oceans are very small. And it blows over and it sails over. I mean, we take thousands of tons of garbage to our beaches all the time that comes over from Asia. it just flows right down the Pacific. It flows, and we say where does this come from. And it takes many people to start off with."

No, none of that makes any sense. The one part which really stood out, to me at least, was when the president said, "Oceans are very small." Really? Oceans make up 70% of the earth's surface. That's not exactly small. I have to imagine, if someone asked Trump exactly how much 70% of his wealth was worth, he wouldn't say, "Small numbers. Very very small. Tiny. Like, no money at all." No, he'd say, "So much money, you wouldn't even know, believe me!" Sure, it might be complete and total crap, but the odds are mighty high he wouldn't sell himself short when it came to his funds.

So, given this unforgivable basic-knowledge gaffe by Donald Trump, I thought I'd concoct a top ten list regarding it.

The Top Ten Future Basic-Knowledge Gaffes by Donald Trump
10. "Monogamy is a type of tree. Not my favorite, not my favorite tree, believe me."

9. "In basketball, free throws actually cost $10 per pair, unless you have a coupon. I recommend the group thing."

8. "I'm from New York. Nobody knows New York better than I do. The capital of New York is N, or NY if you want to get fancy, but I typically don't."

7. "A long jail sentence is called a paragraph."

6. "Blowjobs are only legal when you're out in a windstorm. True story. True story, folks."

5. "PBS stands for Probably Bull Sh*t. Fact. Look it up."

4. "In Two Corinthians, Jesus was called His Brightness, because he's the father, the sun, and the holy something."

3. "A lot of people don't know this, but cars mainly run on windshield wiper fluid."

2. "Hamburgers are all ham and no burger. This is why I go for the Whoppers."

1. (drumroll) "The only people I dislike more than folks from the Netherlands are the Dutch."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...