Skip to main content

Never wish ill upon a person

I'm sadly stunned whenever I see a celebrity's name trending on Twitter and read posts by people wishing ill upon the individual. I've seen this with regard to musicians, movie stars, comedians, and especially politicians.

Most recently, this happened with regard to staunch right-winger Charlie Kirk, who had been reportedly taken to the hospital due to back issues. His name started trending #1 on Twitter and the nasty comments followed.

This is disgraceful to the highest level. I don't care how much one may despise another, you should never wish ill upon them. A person's health and well-being go above and beyond politics. It's about humanity. These individuals may be treated like works of fiction over the computer, but they're actual human beings, with friends and families who care about them.

Everyone has the right to form an opinion and similarly, everyone has the right to disagree with another's opinion. But no matter how much you may disagree with another, you shouldn't wish ill upon them. There's no one I despise more than Donald Trump. I loathe the man and everything he stands for, but I'm not going to ever wish ill upon him. That'd be inhumane and make me come across like the monster I claim he is. Take that negative energy and put it into something positive, like contacting your elected officials, starting a petition, getting out the vote, helping those in need, making the world a better place. Instead of hoping another life ends, try to make a better life for yourself and others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...