In Week 10 of the NFL season, I learned that...
- ...the New York Jets are the crazy uncle Tommy of the NFL, for they look best when they're not present.
- ..., when Bill Belichick is handed a shit sandwich, he turns it into two dozen roses.
- ...Lamar Jackson can throw the football about as far as Danny DeVito can throw Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- ...Nick Chubb is a smart man's Todd Gurley.
- ..., even though Drew Brees has cracked ribs, a collapsed lung, a torn heart, and a pair of missing hands, Sean Payton is still thinking about starting him over Jameis Winston.
- ..., when at confession last week, Bills and Cardinals fans didn't realize until Sunday that the hail marys were to be taken literally.
- ...the fade pass is about as useless as a Democrat voting in Wyoming.
- ..., at Thanksgiving dinner, deaf football fans will say, "We're truly grateful for not having to listen to Matt Millen's announcing on Sundays. Amen."
- ...Russell Wilson is celebrating Christmas early this year, as for the past couple weeks, he's been handing unsuspecting recipients free balls inside the red zone.
- ..., the NFC East is so bad, the nickname of the "Redskins" would be the least offensive thing about it this year.
After its first week, I gave The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore a B+ grade. While I didn't think the show appeared to be perfect by any stretch of the imagination, I also liked the Daily Show meets Politically Incorrect vibe I got from it, and thought, with the proper adjustments, the show would indeed provide a great fill-in for The Colbert Report . In the show's succeeding weeks, however, I've been less impressed by it and think that if it doesn't make certain adjustments, it could be in jeopardy of losing many long-time viewers of the show's time slot. One major issue I think the show's had to this point is a lack of direction. It's been unable to decide whether it wants to be a comedy show with serious conversation sprinkled in or a serious show with comedy sprinkled in. It's almost as if the show's writers want to give The Nightly Show a Real Time with Bill Maher feel. The problem with that idea or format is the fact Real Time is an hour lon...
Comments
Post a Comment