Skip to main content

Another back-and-forth with a MAGA

Here's a back-and-forth I had with a MAGA recently...

MAGA: "The earth is flat and cancer is made up."
Me: WTF are you talking about?!? The earth is round and cancer is most certainly not made up.
MAGA: "You sound like a Democrat, believe everything you're told."
Me: Who told you the earth was flat and cancer was made up?
MAGA: "Do your own research. I did mine."
Me: I'm asking you where you researched.
MAGA: "That's for you to figure out."
Me: Let me guess, it was some tinfoil-hat wearing conspiracy theorist on YouTube.
MAGA: "You call them conspiracies. I call them truth."
Me: These conspiracies have been debunked more times than Einstein could count.
MAGA: "Debunk? What's that?"
Me: To disprove
MAGA: "Vaccines aren't cures; they treat symptoms."
Me: What about polio?
MAGA: "What about it? It's coming back."
Me: Why is that? Anti-vaxxers.
MAGA: "Modern medicine has no purpose."
Me: I grew up with epilepsy. I had daily seizures for I don't know how many years. A brain tumor was later found to be the culprit. I was placed on anti-seizure medication, which removed seizures from my life. I later had the tumor removed; was weened off the meds; and have been seizure free ever since. So, are you trying to tell me the anti-seizure meds I took did me no good, even though they erased seizures from my life?
MAGA: "You must have done something to bring out the seizures."
Me: So the seizures were my fault?
MAGA: "It's a possibility. When did you start having them?"
Me: Since birth. So how could it possibly be my doing?
MAGA: "Then it was your parents. They poisoned you when you were inside your mom."
Me: ...and the brain tumor? Did doctors just make that up?
MAGA: "It's a possibility."
Me: Why on earth would they do that?
MAGA: "Money"
Me: Wow, you're full of sh*t.
MAGA: "Don't believe everything you're told."
Me: I don't.
MAGA: "Yes, you do."
Me: I don't. Everything you just told me? I don't believe a single word of it. All bullsh*t.
#MAGACultMorons #MAGACultMoron

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...