Skip to main content

Dubya Mentors Jeb

With his younger brother struggling in the polls, former President George W. Bush has decided to mentor Jeb while on the campaign trail. At this point it's unknown whether or not the former president has made an impact, positive or negative, on his younger brother's standing in the polls. However, when we caught up with the former president, here's what he had to tell us about the situation and the words of advice he had for Jeb:

"Little Jeb called me one day and said, 'Bro, I need your help. You got elected a couple times. Could you help me get elected once or twice?' I said, 'Yes, of course. You're my big brother.' He quickly corrected me that I was the older one, but anyway, where was I going with this? Oh yeah... So I gave him a few pointers to follow to improve his chances on winning the Republican primary and becoming the next President of the United States of America. Here were some of my pointers:

- 'Before you win the primary or the presidency, be sure to give a speech with a big mission-accomplished banner directly behind you.'

- 'Don't ever misunderestimate the misunderestimator!'

- 'If you ever have a bad day campaigning, just remember that nothing will cheer you up more than to put food on your family.'

- 'Whenever it comes to education, the answer is no, our children isn't learning good enough.'

- 'Never be afraid to practice your love with women all across this great country.'"

When I caught up with Jeb Bush about the matter, all he said was, "It's so nice to have such a smart brother. Every family's gotta have one of them, right?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...