Skip to main content

Week 6 NFL Predictions

Thursday
Game: Atlanta at New Orleans

Prediction: Atlanta - After getting trounced 39-17 by the then 1-3 Philadelphia Eagles, I have next to no faith in the 1-4 New Orleans Saints. Going up against the always explosive and 5-0 Atlanta Falcons, expect for the 32nd ranked (s)Aints defense to not improve much from Week 5 to Week 6. I'm going with Atlanta on the road by 10.

Result: New Orleans 31 Atlanta 21

Record: 0-1


Sunday
Game: Washington at NY Jets

Prediction: NY Jets - If you like defense, this is a game you'll want to tune in to. Washington has played better so far this season than I expected, led mostly by a solid ground game and defense. I still don't have much faith in their passing game, however, and going up against the well-rested New York Jets on the road, I have a hunch the Jets defense will get the best of Kirk Cousins and the Redskins offense. I'm going with the Jets by a touchdown.

Result: NY Jets 34 Washington 20

Record: 1-1


Game: Arizona at Pittsburgh

Prediction: Arizona - I get nervous picking West Coast teams in 1 pm games on the East Coast, however, I'm a big believer in Bruce Arians and the Arizona Cardinals. If not for some major hiccups in their 2-point loss to the St. Louis Rams a week ago, the Cardinals would be sitting at 5-0 and likely hailed by many as the best team in all of football. I look for the Steelers to keep things relatively close, but for the Cardinals to triumph at the end. I'm taking Arizona by a touchdown.

Result: Pittsburgh 25 Arizona 13

Record: 1-2


Game: Kansas City at Minnesota

Prediction: Minnesota - If we could erase this past weekend's games from memory, these two teams would appear rather even on paper. However, with Chiefs standout tailback Jamal Charles now out for the season and with the game being on the road against a well-rested Vikings team, I'm going to have to give the edge to Minnesota. Vikings by a touchdown.

Result: Minnesota 16 Kansas City 10

Record: 2-2


Game: Cincinnati at Buffalo

Prediction: Cincinnati - Coming off the near miraculous comeback against Seattle on Sunday and with the game in Buffalo, I could definitely see a let-down for the 5-0 Cincinnati Bengals. However, Buffalo's offense makes me nervous. Following a decent start to the season, the Bills have scored just 24 points the past two weeks against the likes of the New York Giants and the Tennessee Titans, not exactly the cream of the crop when it comes to defenses. Given that, I'm going to have to give the advantage to the Bengals. Cincinnati by a touchdown.

Result: Cincinnati 34 Buffalo 21

Record: 3-2


Game: Chicago at Detroit

Prediction: Detroit - I personally don't have much faith in either team. Chicago is 2-3, having won their past two games by the combined score of 40-37 against the Oakland Raiders and Kansas City Chiefs (at the last second in both games). Detroit, meanwhile, is the lone winless team left in the NFL, and is coming off their worst loss of the season to this point - a 42-17 thrashing at the hands of Arizona, turning the ball over 6 times, pulling quarterback Matthew Stafford after throwing 3 interceptions. I do think Detroit is better than their 0-5 record would suggest and for whatever reason, think they're going to bounce back at home this week against an undermanned Chicago Bears team. The benching should wake Stafford up enough to play a much improved game against a mediocre Bears defense, and the stingy Lions defense should provide Jay Cutler with some headaches. I'm going with the Lions by 4.

Result: Detroit 37 Chicago 34 OT

Record: 4-2


Game: Denver at Cleveland

Prediction: Cleveland - I had initially picked Denver in this game, but with DeMarcus Ware out of the lineup, I'm going to take Cleveland in my upset of the week. I like how they've been playing on the offensive side of the ball in the past couple weeks, and for as crazy as it sounds, I currently trust Josh McCown leading the Browns offense against the DeMarcus Ware-less Broncos defense more than I trust Peyton Manning leading the Broncos offense against the Browns defense. I'm taking Cleveland at home by a field goal.

Result: Denver 26 Cleveland 23 OT

Record: 4-3


Game: Houston at Jacksonville

Prediction: Jacksonville - With J.J. Watt being listed as questionable due to an illness, chances are, whether he plays or not, he won't be 100%, so I reverse my pick and am going with Jacksonville at home by a field goal.

Result: Houston 31 Jacksonville 20

Record: 4-4


Game: Miami at Tennessee

Prediction: Tennessee - Speaking of teams lacking an identity, there's the Miami Dolphins. At a very disappointing 1-3, their coach is gone, and until they prove it to me on the field, I'm going to have a hard time believing they have their problems sorted. Given that, I'll go with the home team Tennessee Titans by a field goal.

Result: Miami 38 Tennessee 10

Record: 4-5


Game: Carolina at Seattle

Prediction: Seattle - I hate to use the term "desperation time" this early in the season, but if the Seattle Seahawks lose to Carolina on Sunday, they'll fall to 2-4, with NFC West leader Arizona sitting at either 5-1 or 4-2. With that in the back of their minds, I look for them to get things on track in this game and pull even at 3-3, just like last season, with a 6 point win against the Panthers.

Result: Carolina 27 Seattle 23

Record: 4-6


Game: San Diego at Green Bay

Prediction: Green Bay - Just like I have trouble picking against the Seahawks at home, the same is true of the Green Bay Packers. Aaron Rodgers may have had an off-game this past Sunday, but don't believe for a second that's going to be the start of a trend. After all, the St. Louis Rams have one of the better defenses in the league, while the San Diego Chargers' defense is in the bottom half of the league. Look for a big bounce-back game for Rodgers, as the Packers win by a couple touchdowns.

Result: Green Bay 27 San Diego 20

Record: 5-6


Game: Baltimore at San Francisco

Prediction: San Francisco - Here's my second switch of the week. I had initially taken Baltimore, but without Justin Forsett at tailback, in conjunction with a banged up receiving corps, I'm going to take the Niners at home in an upset. San Francisco, while awful on the road this year, is 1-1 at home, beating 2-2 Minnesota and losing a heart-breaker to the 3-2 New York Giants last week. Colin Kaepernick appeared to get back on track in his team's loss to the Giants, and I look for that to continue against the suddenly hapless Ravens. I'll go with San Francisco by a field goal.

Result: San Francisco 25 Baltimore 20

Record: 6-6


Game: New England at Indianapolis

Prediction: New England - Whether or not Andrew Luck plays in this game, I don't believe the Colts stand much of a chance. Under Chuck Pagano, his Colts have averaged to lose to the Patriots by almost 30 points per game. While I have a hard time seeing the Patriots winning by that margin, I still think they should win rather comfortably. I'll take New England on the road by a couple scores.

Result: New England 34 Indianapolis 27

Record: 7-6


Monday
Game: NY Giants at Philadelphia

Prediction: Philadelphia - The NFC East continues to be the least predictable division in football. Washington, at 2-3, has played better than expected. Dallas, at 2-3, has been beaten up by the injury bug. The New York Giants, at 3-2, could very well be either 5-0 or 2-3. Lastly, Philadelphia, at 2-3, has been a disappointment to this point in the season, but showed some signs of promise in their 39-17 victory over New Orleans on Sunday. While I have more faith in the Giants offense than I do in the Eagles offense at the moment, I have more faith in the Eagles defense than the Giants defense, and with key Giants receivers battling hamstring problems, I'm going to give the slight edge to Philly at home. I'm going with the Eagles by 4.

Result: Philadelphia 27 NY Giants 7

Record: 8-6


Week 6 Record: 8-6 (.571)

Overall Record: 55-36 (.604)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"