Skip to main content

The secret recipe of happiness according to the party of no

Ever since Barack Obama's first presidential inauguration on January 20th of 2009, the Republican Party has been branded as "the party of no." They've said no loud and clear to the following: Healthcare reform, equal pay for women, reproductive rights for women, equal marriage rights for LGBT couples, climate change, making voting easier, gun control, immigration reform, prison reform, police reform, tax reform, taking care of vets and 9/11 first responders, Planned Parenthood, marijuana legalization, paid sick leave, longer maternity leave, peace, diplomacy, unions, free college tuition, facts, logic, common sense, and compromise. With so much negativity surrounding the party, the question has often been asked, "What, if anything, would make the Republican Party happy?" If conservative radio show host Rush Limbaugh was accurate with his recent comments, we finally have an answer. 

When I asked Mr. Limbaugh this very question, here's what he had to say:

"I'm sick and tired of us being called the party of no! We say yes to all sorts of things, like saying no to women, gays, blacks, Muslims, and other dark-skinned people. But what would make us ultimately happy? When and only when every fetus is guaranteed to be born holding an AK-47, ready to go to war with Iran, while checking out a member of the opposite sex and not being covered by Obamacare! If that were to happen, believe me, every Republican could die a happy man!"

After chuckling at Limbaugh's response and telling him, "You can't be serious. You know that's not possible, right?," the radio talk show host said this: 

"If there's one thing I know about women, it's that they're mysterious creatures. I've been married to four of them and I'm still not sure what to make of them exactly. So never doubt what women's bodies can do! Are you seriously going to tell me women can't give birth to babies holding AK-47s? Who's the sexist now, buddy?"

I closed my interview by asking Mr. Limbaugh, "Given your comments here today, do you believe the government should pass concealed carry laws for those 1 second old and up? If you had kids of your own in kindergarten, would you seriously want them to carry and be surrounded by other kids with guns?," to which Rush responded:

"Look, if you can play with toy blocks, color in coloring books, count to 10, and sing the alphabet song, you should be allowed to own and fire a gun. Just sayin'..."

Since the interview, the NRA has called Rush Limbaugh a "2nd Amendment pioneer," while unarmed kindergartners everywhere have called him a "big fat doodie head," which his three ex-wives have confirmed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...