Skip to main content

This week in trending Twitter hashtags

It's been a fairly uneventful week on the trending-Twitter-hashtag front for me, but I thought I'd share what I posted anyway. Here are my tweets, ordered from the most to the least popular (all my tweets can be viewed here: https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki):

1) Headline: "Trump says he's directing Pentagon to create a new 'space force'"
If this results in Trump going to and finding a new home in space, I'm all for it.
#SpaceForce
111 Likes, 23 Retweets

2) It can't be any coincidence that Donald Trump's birthday coincides with #NationalBourbonDay, for whenever I'm reminded of Trump being president, I'm tempted to drink bourbon.
51 Likes, 15 Retweets

3) Yes, Trump is lying whenever he moves his lips, but the guy is such a chronic liar, he's found a way to constantly lie even when he's not speaking. Whether he's speaking, sleeping, praying, or golfing, he's lying.
#TrumpisLying
44 Likes, 9 Retweets

4) Don't resort to Fox News, Breitbart, WorldNetDaily, or your crazy Uncle John's conspiracy-laden chain emails for information.
#WaysToWinArguments
29 Likes, 6 Retweets

5) Whatever Donald Trump claims, just claim the opposite.
#WaysToWinArguments
30 Likes, 4 Retweets

6) Trump: "#FlagDay is today? I thought it was this past weekend."
#Snark
16 Likes, 8 Retweets

7) #LauraIngraham: "Detention centers are like summer camps."

Yes, because the most common question to ask kids is, "So what was your favorite moment from summer detention center?"
16 Likes, 4 Retweets

8) #TuckerCarlson: "People speaking up against America detaining children in cages just want to change your country forever."

Yes, because detaining children in cages is definitely one way to make America great again...
13 Likes, 1 Retweet

9) GOP:
"We believe the children are our future,
Detain them well and lock them in cages,
Show them all the beauty they miss outside,
Give them a sense of spite,
To make them hate easier,
Let their crying remind us of the crisis actors we see."
#KeepFamiliesTogether
8 Likes, 2 Retweets

Totals: 318 Likes, 72 Retweets (Averages of 35.3 Likes, 8.0 Retweets)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...