When standing back and thinking about it, isn't the concept of money odd? For most of our lives, our main goal revolves around having more pieces of paper than the next person. We continually chase after this piece of paper. This piece of paper is central to our well-being and existence. When someone runs out of this paper, he or she may suffer dire consequences because of it. We use this paper to get houses, cars, food, clothes, and booze. When we hand this piece of paper to someone, we tend to get something for it. To say this paper is magic would be doing a disservice to magic. No matter how much paper we possess, we always seek more. We can never have enough paper. When feeling generous, we hand paper to those without much paper, if any. Sometimes people become so obsessed with this paper, they commit crimes due to it. Yup, life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness should probably instead read, "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, if you have paper."
After its first week, I gave The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore a B+ grade. While I didn't think the show appeared to be perfect by any stretch of the imagination, I also liked the Daily Show meets Politically Incorrect vibe I got from it, and thought, with the proper adjustments, the show would indeed provide a great fill-in for The Colbert Report . In the show's succeeding weeks, however, I've been less impressed by it and think that if it doesn't make certain adjustments, it could be in jeopardy of losing many long-time viewers of the show's time slot. One major issue I think the show's had to this point is a lack of direction. It's been unable to decide whether it wants to be a comedy show with serious conversation sprinkled in or a serious show with comedy sprinkled in. It's almost as if the show's writers want to give The Nightly Show a Real Time with Bill Maher feel. The problem with that idea or format is the fact Real Time is an hour lon...
Comments
Post a Comment