Skip to main content

Weird feeling...

I don't know how to describe it. There are some mornings when I awaken, with a big event looming, and I immediately know what's going to happen. It's a gut feeling of some kind. There were days when I had a big project or interview or college final and right when I awoke, I had a good feeling of how it was going to go. Even for things as unimportant (on a grand scale) as a sporting event which I've been looking forward to, I'll wake up that morning with either a good or bad feeling in the pit of my stomach and almost every time, that feeling foreshadows the actual results. I was nervous all week about the Supreme Court's healthcare ruling. I could hardly sleep this week. I was let go from my insurance plan 2-3 months ago, was rejected by another due to pre-existing conditions and was nibbling on my nails, while rocking in my chair (man, I sound old) wondering if I'd forever be rejected due to my health history. When I awoke this morning, even though I didn't sleep much, I had a bounce in my step - I felt good. I immediately turned the television on and waited and waited, feeling optimistic about the ruling (which I hadn't felt in some time). Just a little after 10 am EST, it was made known that the law was upheld 5-4. I don't know what it is, but perhaps I need to do some legal sports betting when I awaken in the morning. Big money!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...