Skip to main content

Simultaneously using God as an excuse for oneself and damning others

It kind of bothers me to constantly hear extremely religious-minded people condemn others based on their sexual orientation, deciding to have an abortion at some point in their lives, etc., yet they'll be finishing a pack of cigarettes at this time, on their 5th shot of tequila, getting ready to sleep with the 10th different guy/gal that month. Do as I say, not as I do, eh? It's alright to damage one's (and others') lungs, liver, spread sexually transmitted diseases through promiscuity, but if one engages in intercourse with a person of the same gender that they've been with for five years, then that's going too far! I'll never understand people like that. They worship a man who says to love all, yet while they make their own mistakes in life, they'll point to others' actions and deem them mistakes of truly great (eternal) significance.

This is how they tend to come across to me - "Yes, I messed up, but I'm a believer in Christ. With your mistakes, it's obvious you're not and you won't get into heaven like that. Sorry. Have a nice day." Ugh...

Comments

  1. I say that's hypocritical. People always want to shift the blame from them onto someone else. I can rest assured knowing I fully support gay rights. Heck, I have a friend who's gay, him and his partner are going to get married after he graduates college and they are going to invite all the students they know from the graphic design program. I'm going. I hate these religious hypocrites. They say drinking is bad? Well, guess where they'll be after church gets out? The nearest bar. Sorry to be blunt, I'm just stating the facts as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love it...

    1) Jesus says not to judge

    2) Judging seems to come quite easy to many of these individuals

    3) These same individuals claim to be following in the footsteps of Christ

    4) They see nothing wrong/hypocritical with/about this...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...