Skip to main content

What I learned in Week 17 of the NFL season...

In Week 17 of the NFL season, I learned that...

- ..., in the off-season, Ndamukong Suh will become an instructor of a new workout, entitled, "Aaron Rodgers Step Aerobics."

- ...Geno Smith may retire after playing a perfect football game at the end of a 4-12 season. Congratulations!

- ...if Jay Cutler and Marshawn Lynch ever joined forces as guests on a radio talk show, within 5 minutes, the show's host would likely start snoring and drooling.

- ...Jim Harbaugh became the first person to smile at the thought of leaving San Francisco for Michigan. It's also believed to be Harbaugh's first ever smile.

- ..., instead of being the team's water-boy next season, Johnny Manziel is going to ask if he can be the Cleveland Browns' beer-man.

- ..., in just a few hours, the Atlanta Falcons went from possibly hosting a playoff game to finding themselves with the #8 pick in the draft. Yes, the NFC South was THAT bad this year.

- ...Andy Dalton will likely tell himself before the Cincinnati Bengals' playoff game this coming weekend, "The only thing different about me than these other playoff quarterbacks, like Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Joe Flacco, Russell Wilson, and Aaron Rodgers, isn't that they've all won Super Bowls, it's that I have red hair."

- ..., in the past 3 weeks, the Buffalo Bills are 2-1, having beaten teams with the combined record of 24-8 (Green Bay and New England) and lost to a team with the record of 3-13 (Oakland). In light of this, some of the team's fans have proposed the team change its name to the Bipolar Bills.

- ...the Miami Dolphins have decided to take over for the Dallas Cowboys as the perennial 8-8 team. Upon being asked about this, fans said, "It could be worse. We could be Jacksonville or Tampa Bay, or we could live in the middle of the country, in one of those states like Nebraskastan or whatever."

- ...if a Major League baseball team did what the playoff-bound Carolina Panthers did in the middle of the season, the team would have gone 0-48 - so, yeah, that's special.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...