Skip to main content

Week 10 NFL Predictions

Thursday
Game: Buffalo at NY Jets

Prediction: Buffalo - With Buffalo's offense healthy again and Rex Ryan likely wanting to beat his former team more than he's publicly admitted, I look for the Bills to come out fired up, and think they'll come out with a low-scoring hard-fought victory. I'm taking Buffalo by 4.

Result: Buffalo 22 NY Jets 17

Record: 1-0


Sunday
Game: Detroit at Green Bay

Prediction: Green Bay - What's the best recipe for a struggling team? Playing the Detroit Lions. The Lions may be well rested, but they're still the Lions. I'm taking the Packers at home by 10.

Result: Detroit 18 Green Bay 16

Record: 1-1


Game: Dallas at Tampa Bay

Prediction: Tampa Bay - I'm having trouble picking the Dallas Cowboys without Tony Romo. When he returns, they'll be a completely different team and likely be competitive week in and week out, regardless of the opponent. With Matt Cassel behind center, though, the only chance the Cowboys have is if their defense plays outstanding. Tampa's an improving team, led by rookie quarterback Jameis Winston, who's also been progressing quite nicely this season. I expect it to be close throughout, but am taking the Bucs at home by 4.

Result: Tampa Bay 10 Dallas 6

Record: 2-1


Game: Carolina at Tennessee

Prediction: Carolina - Tennessee's a much better team with Marcus Mariota behind center, but even if he's behind center and healthy, the team around him isn't anything special. Carolina, meanwhile, is unbeaten and should have no problems continuing that streak. I'll take the Panthers by 10.

Result: Carolina 27 Tennessee 10

Record: 3-1


Game: Chicago at St. Louis

Prediction: St. Louis - I just don't like this match-up for Chicago. Jay Cutler tends to get turnover-prone against aggressive and talented pass-rushing defenses like the Rams' and the Bears defense isn't anything special. Look for Todd Gurley to have another big game for the Rams. I'm taking St. Louis by 10.

Result: Chicago 37 St. Louis 13

Record: 3-2


Game: New Orleans at Washington

Prediction: New Orleans - Would the real New Orleans Saints please stand up, please stand up, please stand up?!? They started the season sluggishly, appeared to put things together the past three weeks, before falling to Tennessee, who had lost 6 consecutive games heading into their contest. No matter how frustrating and unpredictable New Orleans has been this season, though, I'll still trust Drew Brees more than Kirk Cousins. Due to that, I'll tentatively go with the Saints by a touchdown.

Result: Washington 47 New Orleans 14

Record: 3-3


Game: Miami at Philadelphia

Prediction: Philadelphia - After dominating Houston and Tennessee following their coaching change, the Miami Dolphins have come back down to earth, losing back-to-back games by a combined score of 69-24 (average of 34.5 - 12.0). I look for that trend to continue as the Dolphins lose their third straight. I'm taking the Eagles by 4.

Result: Miami 20 Philadelphia 19

Record: 3-4


Game: Cleveland at Pittsburgh

Prediction: Pittsburgh - With both Josh McCown and Ben Roethlisberger likely missing this game, it will match-up Johnny Manziel and Landry Jones. So long as Jones doesn't try to force too much, I like what he has to work with on offense much more so than Manziel and the Browns offense. I'm going with the Steelers by 10.

Result: Pittsburgh 30 Cleveland 9

Record: 4-4


Game: Jacksonville at Baltimore

Prediction: Baltimore - These two teams have a bit more in common than one would have thought entering the season. They've both regularly seemed to find ways to lose close football games, often blowing late leads in order to do so. With Baltimore being well rested and playing at home, I'll give them the edge. I'm going with the Ravens by 10.

Result: Jacksonville 22 Baltimore 20

Record: 4-5


Game: Minnesota at Oakland

Prediction: Oakland - This looks like a toss-up game to me. However, with the game on the West Coast and the status of Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater being up in the air, I'll give the edge to the hometown Raiders. I'm taking Oakland by a field goal. 

Result: Minnesota 30 Oakland 14

Record: 4-6


Game: New England at NY Giants

Prediction: New England - If the Giants defense can find a way to finally garner some pressure on a quarterback, Tom Brady in this case, they could have a chance in this game. However, I don't see that happening and will go with the Patriots by 10. 

Result: New England 27 NY Giants 26

Record: 5-6


Game: Kansas City at Denver

Prediction: Denver - After losing their first game of the season, expect the Denver Broncos to bounce back at home against the injury-riddled Kansas City Chiefs. I'll take the Broncos by 10.

Result: Kansas City 29 Denver 13

Record: 5-7


Game: Arizona at Seattle

Prediction: Seattle - From what I've seen so far this season, Arizona is my current pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. However, under Pete Carroll, the Seattle Seahawks just don't seem to lose divisional games at home. I look for that to continue and will take Seattle at home by a field goal.

Result: Arizona 39 Seattle 32

Record: 5-8


Monday
Game: Houston at Cincinnati

Prediction: Cincinnati - The only way I see Houston winning this game is... Nevermind, I can't come up with any possible scenario. I'll go with the unbeaten Bengals at home by 17.

Result: Houston 10 Cincinnati 6

Record: 5-9


Week 10 Record: 5-9 (.357)

Overall Record: 82-64 (.562)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun

The difference between "looking" and "checking out"

I may be way off with these numbers, but it's my approximation that at least 75% of individuals whom are involved in a serious relationship feel it's perfectly acceptable to "check out" members of the opposite sex they're not involved with. Meanwhile, approximately 25% either don't feel this is acceptable or aren't sure about the matter. I hadn't thought about this matter for a while, but since I've been dating a woman for about 8 months, the topic has been pondered about some. When reading or hearing others discuss this very issue, I often times hear comments similar to the following: "It's human nature to look." "There's nothing wrong with checking others out. I'm sure he/she does it too!" "It's fine to do it. Just don't tell your boyfriend/girlfriend about it or do it in front of them!" "It's natural to find people attractive." When observing the array of comments, I i

The verdict is in. To no one's surprise, Jonathan Hoenig has been found guilty of being an idiot.

Just recently, when discussing the Michael Brown shooting and whether or not race had anything to do with it, Fox News contributor Jonathan Hoenig said, "You know who talks about race? Racists." One moment while I provide Mr. Hoenig with the well deserved slow-clap. :: slow-claps for two seconds :: So, that was quite the line by Mr. Hoenig, wasn't it? "You know who talks about race? Racists." Well, wasn't he just talking about race? So, by his own words, I guess that makes him a racist. Also, if he wants to be consistent, does this mean that people whom talk about gender are sexists and people whom talk about sexual orientation are homophobes? With that line of thinking, Hoenig would engage in the following back-and-forths: Hoenig: "So, who are you voting for?" A woman: "The Democratic candidate, because he's been adamant about his support for equal rights for women." Hoenig: "You sexist feminist nazi!"