Skip to main content

What I learned in Week 11 of the NFL season...

In Week 11 of the NFL season, I learned...

- ...it's more fun watching paint dry while completely sober than watching Tennessee and Jacksonville play something resembling football.

- ...the last thing Chip Kelly plans on doing at the moment is singing "Don't Worry, Be Happy" to Philadelphia Eagles fans.

- ...ESPN analysts apparently don't need to take Cialis while talking about Brock Osweiler leading the Denver Broncos to an unprecedented 17 points.

- ...the St. Louis Rams and Philadelphia Eagles are asking for a do-over when they swapped quarterbacks preseason; the New York Jets, however, are not asking for Mark Sanchez back.

- ...the media was probably quite tempted to start yelling at Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins following his team's dismal performance against the Carolina Panthers, "You like that?!? You like that?!?"

- ...it'll only be a matter of time before a referee says, "Breathing in the direction of the receiver, #25, defense, 5-yard penalty, automatic first down."

- ...the St. Louis Rams offense is now the antithesis to "the greatest show on turf."

- ...Joe Flacco and Colin Kaepernick, both out for the rest of the season with injuries, are planning on singing a duet of Michael Jackson's song, "Remember the Time," altering the chorus to, "Do you remember the time when we were really good? Do you remember the time we were in the Super Bowl?"

- ..., after winning for the first time in two months, closing the gap with division-leading New York to two games, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is likely thinking, "We're right where we wanna be. How 'bout them Cowboys?"

- ...refs like to inadvertently blow their whistles when Tom Brady holds balls in his hands.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...