Skip to main content

#GOPDebate

For the 11th time this primary season, I watched and live-tweeted the GOP debate. Here are my 20 tweets from the debate, listed from the most to least popular (all of my tweets can be seen here - https://twitter.com/CraigRozniecki):

1) Rubio: "Go to my website!"
Cruz: "No, go to my website!"
Trump: "I could buy a zillion websites!"
Kasich: "Do I have a website?"
#GOPDebate
76 Likes, 43 Retweets

2) 7-year-olds across the country: "Mommy, shouldn't these guys all go to their rooms for how they're acting?"
#GOPDebate
72 Likes, 23 Retweets

3) Rubio: "Criminals all have guns, so what's the point of gun laws? Actually, all laws get broken, so what's the point of any law?"
#GOPDebate
52 Likes, 36 Retweets

4) Cruz: "You lie!"
Trump: "No, you lie!"
Rubio: "You both lie!"
Trump: "So do you!"
Kasich: "WTF?!?"
#GOPDebate
36 Likes, 22 Retweets

5) Cruz: "I will always defend the liberty of those who discriminate over those who are discriminated against!"
#GOPDebate
30 Likes, 16 Retweets

6) Rubio:"I'm all about accountability & I give Gov. Snyder credit for ignoring the problem for so long & trying not to take blame."
#GOPDebate
26 Likes, 19 Retweets

7) Rubio: "The Founders, when writing the 2nd Amendment, envisioned assault rifles, because they were psychics on the side."
#GOPDebate
22 Likes, 16 Retweets

8) Cruz: "We need a president with patience, one willing to shut the government down while reading Dr. Seuss for a few hours!"
#GOPDebate
24 Likes, 12 Retweets

9) Cruz: "My poll numbers are big!"
Rubio: "My numbers are bigger!"
Trump: "Mine are the biggest, just like my hands!"
#GOPDebate
18 Likes, 15 Retweets

10) Cruz: "We need a president who'll wait to hear what the facts are before acting, like Bush did regarding WMDs..."
#GOPDebate
16 Likes, 6 Retweets

11) Cruz: "Trump lacks specifics. I don't, and you can find these specifics on the web somewhere, but I won't get into that now."
#GOPDebate
13 Likes, 7 Retweets

12) Rubio: "Trump's a con artist, and if he's our nominee, I will support this con artist!"
#GOPDebate
10 Likes, 7 Retweets

13) Wallace:"Let's bring up the numbers, the facts..."

Trump:"I don't like those facts. Facts are like a-holes; everyone's got one."
#GOPDebate
11 Likes, 4 Retweets

13) Robot Rubio: "Hillary Clinton... Socialism... Obamacare... Ram down our throats... Website... Need more water..."
#GOPDebate
11 Likes, 4 Retweets

15) Cruz: "If ISIS thinks Trump has big hands, those are nothing compared to mine; I guarantee it!"
#GOPDebate
6 Likes, 5 Retweets

15) Cruz: "Look, Donald Trump has supported Democrats before. You know what that makes him? A communist!"
#GOPDebate
7 Likes, 4 Retweets

17) Wallace: "Romney wants you to respond with substance over insults. How do you respond?"

Trump: "He's a loser."
#GOPDebate
7 Likes, 3 Retweets

18) Trump: "Rubio talked about my hands. Do they look small? Trust me, they're not, and that other thing I have isn't small either!"
#GOPDebate
7 Likes, 2 Retweets

19) Kasich: "Psst, I'm here too..."
#GOPDebate
5 Likes, 2 Retweets

20) Trump: "For my first response, allow me to give my best Dr. Evil impression..."
#GOPDebate
1 Likes, 3 Retweets

Totals: 450 Likes, 249 Retweets (Averages of 22.5 Likes, 12.5 Retweets)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...