Skip to main content

The lunacy of Michele Bachmann continues

Haven't we all, to some degree or another, missed former Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann's insanely hilarious quotes? I know I have. Well, fear not, for she's provided us with another gem, courtesy of her WorldNetDaily (AKA Conspiracy Nuts Forever) article, "Obama Enjoys Cuba While Civilization Burns":

"Or maybe our president's humiliation comes in a manner so devastating it makes one wonder whether the Creator of humankind isn't reminding this world of the inferiority of foolishness in the face of wisdom..."

First off, who would want to believe in a God that kills 31 people and injures hundreds others in order to humiliate a country's leader?

Secondly, how can Ms. Bachmann and her ilk continue to cherry-pick like this?

Bachmann: "Well, the Brussels terror attacks happened under Obama's watch, so maybe God's trying to humiliate the president!"

Using her logic, we could respond with the following:

- "The 9/11 attacks weren't about radical Muslims trying to destroy the United States of America! They were about God wanting to humiliate President Bush!"

- "Yeah! The same goes with Hurricane Katrina and the Great Recession!"

- "The Brussels attacks were simply God's way of humiliating Donald Trump, wanting to prevent him from being president!"

Yeah, using Ms. Bachmann's logic against her, I now have to wonder if God's using facts, logic, and common sense to humiliate the Republican Party.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/bachmann-maybe-god-uses-terrorist-attacks-humiliate-obama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...