Skip to main content

Trump: "Obama is so divisive!" Oh, the irony...

It cracks me up to hear GOP frontrunner Donald Trump label President Obama as divisive. That declaration has to be a finalist for Most Ironic Statement of the Year, and we're only in March.

Just today, I heard Trump speaking at a rally in Dayton, Ohio, where he said, "President Obama is so so divisive. I'm a unifier, a uniter, and he's a divider."

I'm sorry, but what kind of drugs is this man taking? Whatever they are, remind me to never consume them. During his campaign, Donald Trump has insulted the following groups/individuals: Muslims, Mexicans, Jews, women, blacks, Asians, veterans, the disabled, protesters, the media, moderators, all of his Republican and Democratic opponents, fact-checkers, etc. Given his offensive, divisive rhetoric, it makes it seem as though Trump made a bet with 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney.

Trump: "So, like, uh, you know you lost the election because you offended 47% of the voters with your taxpayers-moochers comment, right?"

Romney: "That's possible. What's your point?"

Trump: "I bet you a million dollars I can offend twice that - 90%, or whatever the number is - of the voters and win the presidency!"

Romney: "You're on!"

Trump: "You're so going down like Trump Steaks!"

Donald Trump has offended almost every demographic in this country, yet he has the gall to label President Obama divisive? Why? Because he's tried to cover more people with health insurance? Because he's gone after and killed Osama bin Laden? Because he's called on police officers to be accountable for their actions, just like the rest of American citizens? He's sought to decrease gun violence? He's sought to reverse the trends of global warming to improve our environment's health and well-being? He's embraced science? He's helped the expansion of LGBT rights? He's attempted to fight for women's equality? He's been more hesitant on going to war than his predecessor? He's helped create more jobs than both Bush's combined during their 12 years in the Oval Office? He's been open and honest about how black Americans are treated differently at times than whites? He's tried starting a conversation about the expanding pay-gap in this country? Tell me, Mr. Trump, how is President Obama more divisive than you?

Trump: "Islam hates America. Most Muslims hate America. We need to at least temporarily ban Muslims from coming into this country. Not only that, but we need to build a big beautiful wall along our southern border, so we can keep out all those drug-dealing rapist Mexicans! We also need to deport all illegal immigrants. What else? What else? Carly Fiorina is pretty ugly, Megyn Kelly is a phony b*tch, but one woman I love is my daughter. She's so beautiful. I tell you what, if she weren't my daughter, I'd so bang that. You know who talks kind of funny? Asians. Jews are only good at one thing - negotiating. POWs are pansies. Look, if you get caught, you're a pansy; it's as simple as that. I love the blacks, but let's be honest for a second here. Actually, hold that thought. I'm going to retweet a white supremacist's claims on my Twitter page and blame an intern. Just read that and you'll become well educated about the blacks, people! Speaking of good-for-nothings, the media and fact-checkers, with all their fancy questions and facts, are the most dishonest, despicable people on the face of the earth! ...and protesters? You know what? If you run into any of these low-lifes, you have my permission to hit them. I'll even pay for your legal fees. That's a promise. That's a promise. Lastly, I'm going to give my exaggerated impression of a retard, I mean, a mentally, eh, whatever..."

Yeah, President Obama is more divisive than Donald Trump. That'd be like saying sloths are quicker than cheetahs...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...