Skip to main content

Katrina Pierson needs a history lesson!

Donald Trump spokesperson, Katrina Pierson, had some interesting words for CNN's Wolf Blitzer in a recent episode of The Situation Room, as she said this:

"Donald Trump never voted for the Iraq War. Hillary Clinton did. And then she didn't support the troops to have what they need. It was under Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton that changed the rules of engagement that probably cost his [Captain Humayun Khan] life."

There's only one problem with that statement - Captain Humayun Khan died in 2004, 4+ years before Barack Obama entered the Oval Office. Besides that misstep with chronology, Ms. Pierson was right on the money! Due to her seeming lack of knowledge with regard to history or how time works, expect her to say the following at some point in the future:

- "If Trump had built a big beautiful wall in 1987, it would have prevented the Holocaust."

- "The Oscar moment I remember most is when Nickelback won the award for Best Original Screenplay."

- "Just before Jesus died, his final words were, 'Taco Tuesdays!'"

- "When American football first started, they played with boomerangs."
#KatrinaPiersonHistory

- "Rene Descartes' most famous quote has to be, 'I tweet, therefore I am.'"

- "Shakespeare likes hogging all the credit, but 'Hamlet' was actually first written by Melania Trump."

- "The root cause of The Great Depression was flying DeLoreans."

- "The Titanic's name was derived from a Russian stripper by the name of Anic."

- "Hannibal Lecter has always gotten a bad rap for being a vegan."

- "Bradley Cooper once literally transformed into Chris Kyle."
#KatrinaPiersonHistory

- "The dinosaurs went extinct after T-Rexes ate the rest of them & then tried to celebrate by doing push-ups."

- "R.E.M. once stood for 'Really Energetic Manatees'."

- "Curious George ultimately disproved Darwin."

- "Columbus once sailed to Texas, thought it was Mars, & that's why some still call Texans Martians."

- "Fox News was once fair and balanced."

- "ISIS was originally formed at a 7-Eleven."

- "The Founders were all holding AK-47s while writing the Constitution."

- "The book of Two Corinthians states, 'Love thy neighbor, unless they're different than you.'"'

- "In the 16th century, guys experiencing shrinkage would often times use the Monopoly thimble for a condom."

- "Drunken-pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey was an Olympic sport until 1969."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/08/02/trump-spox-khan-died-because-of-obama.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...