Skip to main content

What I learned in Week 1 of the NFL season

 In Week 1 of the NFL season, I learned that...

- ...the NFC South will likely be renamed the AARP South, as three of the teams' four starting quarterbacks have 119 years between them (Tom Brady - 43, Drew Brees - 41, and Matt Ryan - 35).

- ..., to a road team, the only thing scarier than drunken men screaming is cardboard cutouts of those same drunken men screaming.

- ...one game with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers proves Tom Brady's 20 years with the New England Patriots were a fluke.

- ..., now that kneeling is being more widely accepted, Colin Kaepernick will likely start doing handstands during the national anthem, just to see if it catches on.

- ..., after the Lions went up 20-6 on the Chicago Bears, I sarcastically texted my dad that they were Super Bowl-bound. They went onto lose 27-23. This will go down in the history books as the start of the Rozniecki Curse - that or the Lions just suck.

- ...Andy Reid's so hot, he fogs up face-shields during night games in September.

- ...Joe Burrow's reaction to his team's missed field goal at the end of their game with the Los Angeles Chargers, which would have tied things, should immediately be placed onto the "Welcome to Cincinnati" sign.

- ..., if Vince Lombardi had spent his career with the Cleveland Browns organization, the Lombardi Trophy would instead be called the Someone Else Trophy.

- ...Minnesota Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins recently said about the COVID pandemic, "If I die, I die." When it comes to facing the Green Bay Packers, he should say, "When I lose, I lose," because he always loses.

- ..., as the team is located in DC, the former "Redskins" franchise should be renamed the Washington Grifters and just be done with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...