Skip to main content

Transcript for Podcast: "I Feel Snitty," Episode 76: "The Donald Fan" (parody based on the Billy Joel song, "Piano Man") is now available!

Podcast: I Feel Snitty

Episode 76: "The Donald Fan" (parody based on the Billy Joel song, "Piano Man")

Premiere date: 9/30/20

Length: 5:29 (327 words)

Link: https://ifeelsnitty.podbean.com/e/the-donald-fan-parody-based-off-the-billy-joel-song-piano-man/

Transcript: 

“The Donald Fan” (to the tune of Billy Joel’s “Piano Man”)

The clock reads a number on one day
The poorly educated waltz in
There are old men standing everywhere
Waiting for an Oompa Loompa's twin

They say, "Tell us another random story"
One which really stretches the truth
It's vague yet nasty
And it sounds incomplete
Like they pretty much always do

This here is the life of The Donald fan
This is the life tonight
They're really in the mood for some fallacies
And he's got them feeling all white

They think the Donald is a friend of theirs
He feeds them some lies for free
And he's quick with self-praise and bashing on “the” gays
But women? He's been married to three

He says, "People, Mexicans are killing us"
"Sushi Muslims and fact-checkers too"
"The lib’ral media will research my words"
"I want to tell them, ‘Well, f-you too!’"

Trumpeteers are ardent immoralists
The Golden Rule seen as dark green
Greed, judgment, and narcissism are best friends of theirs
Yelling, "Hippy Jesus saved me"

They're at home preparing for Armageddon
In case Biden gets more EC votes
"He’ll destroy the world like his president did"
"Just like his highness - The Donald - told us"

This here is the life of The Donald fan
This is the life tonight
They're really in the mood for some fallacies
And he's got them feeling all white

An unbelievable crowd for any day
Crown Royal being passed around
The patrons not making sense, not chanting in sync
Was something about building a wall

The Donald he sounds like a little Chucky doll
And, well, he kind of looks like one too
He witnesses, smells. and pounces on the crowd's fears
They scream, "Those are my crazy thoughts too!"

This here is the life of The Donald fan
This is the life tonight
They're really in the mood for some fallacies
And he's got them feeling all white

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...