Skip to main content

Fact: The Democratic Party is better for the economy than the Republican Party.

Including today’s jobs report, here’s a breakdown of the jobs numbers since Reagan left office.

George H.W. Bush (Republican, 4 years)
02/89-01/90: +2.035M
02/90-01/91: -138k
02/91-01/92: -693k
02/92-01/93: +1.425M
Total: +2.629M

Bill Clinton (Democrat, 8 years)
02/93-01/94: +2.811M
02/94-01/95: +3.904M
02/95-01/96: +1.812M
02/96-01/97: +3.039M
02/97-01/98: +3.450M
02/98-01/99: +2.893M
02/99-01/00: +3.312M
02/00-01/01: +1.692M
Total: +22.913M

George W. Bush (Republican, 8 years)
02/01-01/02: -1.844M
02/02-01/03: -286k
02/03-01/04: +183k
02/04-01/05: +2.025M
02/05-01/06: +2.646M
02/06-01/07: +2.045M
02/07-01/08: +919k
02/08-01/09: -4.312M
Total: +1.376M

Barack Obama (Democrat, 8 years)
02/09-01/10: -4.277M
02/10-01/11: +1.035M
02/11-01/12: +2.409M
02/12-01/13: +2.011M
02/13-01/14: +2.304M
02/14-01/15: +3.007M
02/15-01/16: +2.642M
02/16-01/17: +2.418M
Total: +11.549M

Donald Trump (Republican, 4 years)
02/17-01/18: +2.032M
02/18-01/19: +2.400M
02/19-01/20: +1.971M
02/20-01/21: -9.168M
Total: -2.765M

Joe Biden (Democrat, 4 years)
02/21-01/22: +7.143M
02/22-01/23: +4.770M
02/23-01/24: +2.256M
02/24-01/25: +1.236M
Total: +14.169M

Donald Trump (Republican, 1 year, 8 months)
02/25-01/26: +324k
02/26-09/26: +452k
Total: +776k


Party Totals
Democrats (20 years): +48.631M

Republicans (17 years, 8 months): +2.016M

https://data.bls.gov/pdq/SurveyOutputServlet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...