Skip to main content

Lame Free E-Cards

E-Cards used to be free all over the place. What happened? They used to be funny as well. Again, what happened? Hallmark is one of the only sites that allows one to send a free E-Card to another anymore.

I can't even go to Hallmark.com anymore. The cards are lame. I'd have better luck going to a random store and buying a card. Anymore, they're (the cards) free for a reason. They're not worth squat. There's a Mother's Day card available on Hallmark.com where these two little critters say "Thanks a million mom" and they go on saying thank you a million times. I kid you not. They run their mouths off saying thank you 1,000,000 times and there's a tally board up above the two guys that keeps track of where they're at. I made it to 15,000 before I finally said heck with it. It goes to a million. Whoop-de-doo. It has to be the longest interactive E-Card in recorded history.

Thank God there are a few free AOL greeting cards available. I found one with a mother reading off a top ten list. There are also some including Arnold Schwarzenegger (Ahh-nold), George W. Bush (Dubya), amongst other funny celebrities (funny meaning funny to laugh at, not with).

Please, someone bring the Free E-Cards back and not the lame ones that are free for many reasons, but the funny interactive ones that can actually garner a laugh, two or seven.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...