Skip to main content

Virginia jewelry store closes after the election

Following Tuesday night's election, Lyons Jewelers owner - R.T. Lyons - closed his jewelry store in Bedford, Virginia, with a sign posted at the front of the store which said, "Closed to mourn the loss of the America that our forefathers endowed to us."

That's right - the owner of a jewelry store temporarily closed his place down due to Obama's re-election.

He later said that he was so sad that he "just didn't feel like coming to work."

According to the news outlet WDBJ, "Lyons said he thinks Obama is undermining the principles of free enterprise. He also said he believes Obama will raise taxes on the wealthy - his customer base."

Mr. Lyons must be quite the genius. The man is worried of a profit loss due to the possibility that President Obama may raise taxes on the wealthiest Americans, so he decided to erase all potential profit by shutting down his store. Yes, that would be like a person worrying that they may one day get into a painful car wreck, so prior to getting into their vehicle one morning, they kill themselves. Yup, Mr. Lyons is indeed a genius! In other news, Kay Jewelers is rumored to be altering their saying from "Every kiss begins with Kay" to "Every kiss used to begin with Kay, but no longer because of that socialist President Obama."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/virginia-jewelry-store-owner-protests-obamas-reelection-closing-in-act-of-mourning_n_2095174.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...