Skip to main content

Dinesh D'Souza + Thanksgiving tweet = Jerky McJerkington

Just yesterday, former Ronald Reagan policy analyst and co-director of the anti-Obama film 2016: Obama's America - Dinesh D'Souza - decided to make the following Thanksgiving Day tweet, before deleting it later in the afternoon:

"I am thankful this week when I remember that America is big enough and great enough to survive a Grown-Up Trayvon in the White House!"

At first glance, this tweet didn't make a great deal of sense to me, but until D'Souza explains himself, I'm left with the following possible interpretations:

1) Racism - Many right-wing commentators have labeled both Trayvon Martin and President Obama as thugs. While they may defend their label by saying, "That's not racist," if you were to ask them what a thug looks like, they'd likely respond with, "Someone like Trayvon or Obama." In other words, thug = black thug.

2) Confusion - President Obama has admitted to experimenting with drugs many years ago. Perhaps D'Souza thinks he's also fond of carrying around ice tea and a bag of Skittles while wearing a hoodie while walking in neighborhoods.

3) Shallow - D'Souza may not have been thinking a great deal at the time of the tweet, which seems to be quite commonplace for him, and tried to cleverly spin Obama's previous comment about how he could have been  Trayvon Martin many years ago. Of course, this quote by the president dealt with the hardship many African-Americans face in this country with prejudice. So, if this was the intent of Mr. D'Souza, he obviously didn't think about the matter very thoroughly.

4) Denial - Mr. D'Souza may have forgotten or still been in denial about the fact that Trayvon Martin was the one who was followed, shot, and killed by George Zimmerman, and made this tweet, without even thinking about how that could potentially relate to a madman attempting to assassinate the president.

5) Stupidity - Lastly, I wouldn't put it past Dinesh D'Souza to have woken up yesterday morning from a deep slumber and, without thinking much about it, tweeted the first Thanksgiving-Day sentence that sprung to mind.

While the quantity of interpretations to Dinesh D'Souza's tweet are numerous, none of these interpretations place him in a positive light. One thing I'm thankful for this week is that I don't have the demented mind of Dinesh D'Souza.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/26/dinesh-dsouza-trayvon-tweet_n_4345318.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...