Skip to main content

Philadelphia Eagles Update

The Philadelphia Eagles enjoyed a week off this past weekend. With all the upsets that have occurred in recent weeks, perhaps this was a double blessing, as it also allowed some injured players another week to heal. Speaking of which, it sounds as if Michael Vick will be close to 100% again, but due to how efficiently Nick Foles has run the offense of late, he'll start in this coming weekend's game against Arizona.

With the Dallas Cowboys' nail-biting 24-21 victory over the New York Giants on Sunday, Dallas is again atop the NFC East with a 6-5 record and a tie-breaking win over the Eagles earlier in the season. Dallas will face 4-7 Oakland at home on Thanksgiving, which should move them to 7-5. Philadelphia, meanwhile, will have to take on the 7-4 Arizona Cardinals, whom are coming off four consecutive wins - outscoring their opponents 121-62 in that span. Their only four losses this year have come against teams with a combined 31-13 record (St. Louis, New Orleans, San Francisco, and Seattle). With the way Arizona's playing, I think it could be a tough game for the Eagles. Even if they lose, though, they still won't be completely out of the Wild Card race and definitely won't be out of the NFC East race. If they can beat two-win Minnesota and Dallas to close the season, they'd finish, at worst, 8-8. Unfortunately, Dallas plays an easier schedule down the stretch and Philly may need some help from Oakland, Chicago, Green Bay, or Washington if they want to come away with the division title.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...