Skip to main content

Here's to hoping Chris Christie can help move the GOP back to sanity

While chances are I won't be voting for the guy if he were to run for president since I'm rather liberal, I have to say I wouldn't be too distraught if Republican New Jersey Governor Chris Christie was elected in 2016 or beyond that. For a party that has veered so far to the right, Abraham Lincoln has reportedly yelled out, "Four score and for f**k's sake...," Chris Christie has become a rather refreshing presence in the GOP.

Just last night, when answering questions from CEOs in this nation's capital, Christie said the following:

"It's about human relationships, the fact of the matter is nobody in this city talks to each other anymore and if they do talk to each other it's not civilly. They don't develop relationships, they don't develop any sense of trust between each other."

He added: "You have to compromise at times. If I walk away with 70 percent of my agenda, then New Jersey is 70 percent better than it would have been otherwise."

The New Jersey Governor even said this about President Obama:

"I feel bad for President Obama, because he just won a year ago and everybody's like, 'So, who's next?' There is still work to be done in this country and as we shove him out the door we minimize his ability to be an effective executive and we shouldn't do that so I'm not rushing...I'll make that decision when I have to (on whether or not he'll run for president in 2016)."

Yeah, so while I probably won't vote for the guy should he run for president in 2016, I hope he's the Republican nominee, and if he wins, I hope he's able to help move his party back toward the center. If that does happen, I may have less great material to work with for political satire, but I'm sure I could find other things to write about.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/11/chris-christie-knocks-gop-says-washington-is-full-of-absolutists/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...