Skip to main content

Things I learned in Week 9 of the NFL regular season

- On Thanksgiving, Kansas City head coach Andy Reid is going to be thankful for coming to a team with a great defense, where he'll receive all of the credit.

- Philadelphia Eagles head coach Chip Kelly is confused beyond all belief, thinking to himself, "Was the Dallas Cowboys defense that good or was Nick Foles that bad, and was the Oakland Raiders defense that bad or was Nick Foles that good?," before coming to the conclusion that he should do a three-wisemen shot.

- It will forever be a mystery why Brandon Weeden was starting at quarterback for the Cleveland Browns over both Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell.

- If not for the 6-3 Cincinnati Bengals, the AFC North may make the NFC East look good.

- Even after spotting the winless Buccaneers a 21-0 lead, Tampa Bay still found a way to lose to Seattle. Tampa Bay head coach Greg Schiano is now reportedly asking to be fired.

- Atlanta Falcons tight end Tony Gonzalez is thinking about retiring again, this time mid-season.

- Houston Texans quarterback Case Keenum has officially saved the team from the dreaded pick-six, enough to lose back-to-back heart-breakers to Kansas City and Indianapolis.

- Joe Flacco won't be going to Disneyworld again at the end of the season. Well, I take that back. He may go with family at the start of the playoffs.

- Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant is thinking about starting a new form of Buddhism, called, Loud Peace and Sh*t (LPAS).

- Even on a bye week, the Denver Broncos manage to score over 40 points.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...