Skip to main content

Book(s) Update

Well, it appears as if my books The Kind-Hearted Smarta*s - Volume 2: The Wisecracks Continue (uncensored version) and The Kind-Hearted Smart Aleck - Volume 2: The Wisecracks Continue (censored version) won't be released as early as I had expected. Unfortunately, while I've done all I can to this point, my proofreader/editor is running behind schedule, so all I can do is wait until she finishes that stop in the process, before I go through the books one final time, and get them finalized for publication. I sincerely hope they'll be completed and made available by late-March or early-April, at the very latest.

On a more positive note, while awaiting a second pair of eyes to proofread and edit the two before-mentioned books, I've been hard at work on finishing two other books (LOL at the GOP - Volume 4: Guns, Jesus, Corporations, and Fetuses and LOL at the GOP - Volume 5: You Can't Spell "Forgot To Take Their Crazy Pills" Without "Tea Party"). I finished the researching and implementing footnotes steps for both books last week. This week, it will be my goal to add sarcastic commentary for all 212 footnotes, proofread and edit the books next week (these steps may take three weeks, but I'll push myself to finish them in two), and wait another proofreader/editor to look things over after all of that has been accomplished. When all is said and done, I think it's my goal to have all four books out by early May (at the latest). 

Well, speaking of which, I better get back to work. As always, I'll be certain to update readers on the matter next Monday, unless I have something big to announce prior to that. Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...