Skip to main content

Internet Explorer is not recommended

I received a kind comment on my blog yesterday, but this individual also made note that when logged into Internet Explorer, he/she noticed some overlap in my blogs perhaps due to a compatibility issue. This isn't the first time I've heard such a thing - both with regard to this site and many others.

It's one of the main reasons I no longer use Internet Explorer and have opted to go with the likes of Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome. I started having major compatibility issues with a host of different sites. Also, Explorer is fairly notorious for not protecting people very well from viruses. That's another reason I made the switch.

So, if anyone is having compatibility issues when using Internet Explorer, I'd highly recommend making a similar switch. Heck, even if you're not having compatibility problems, I'd probably recommend making the switch anyway. No browser is perfect, but I've had far fewer problems on Firefox and Chrome than I did on Explorer.

If you're still not convinced, Michael Horowitz of ComputerWorld, wrote the following article, entitled, "12 reasons to not use Internet Explorer, ever" - http://blogs.computerworld.com/18552/12_reasons_not_to_use_internet_explorer_ever.

Also, in its list of "The Top 25 Worst Tech Products Of All Time," PCWorld ranked Microsoft Internet Explorer (6) at #8, saying this:

"...In June 2004, the U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team (CERT) took the unusual step of urging PC users to use a browser--any browser--other than IE (Internet Explorer). Their reason: IE users who visited the wrong Web site could end up infected with the Scob or Download.Ject keylogger, which could be used to steal their passwords and other personal information. Microsoft patched that hole, and the next one, and the one after that, and so on, ad infinitum..."

If you're still not persuaded by that information to make the switch, just remember, you can't spell "compatibility problems" without "IE." Yeah, that was pretty bad, but it works...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boycotting jukeboxes because of TouchTunes

I love music and enjoy hitting the bar(s) over the weekend, so naturally, when the mood strikes me, I've never been coy about playing some songs on the jukebox. This past Thursday, a friend of mine turned 50, so several friends of her's, including myself, all met up to celebrate the occasion. At around 9:30, a friend of mine and I both chipped in $5 to play some songs on the jukebox. Four hours and 231 skips later, we gave up on hearing the songs we had selected, and went home knowing we had just wasted $5. This wasn't the first time such a thing had happened to me (and many others), and due to that, I'll be boycotting jukeboxes. Why? The scam known as TouchTunes. You see, here's how the plot typically breaks down. A person (or group of people) downloads the TouchTunes app on his/her phone, consumes one too many adult beverages, and due to this, has less care for spending extra money to hear the songs of their choosing right NOW. That's the thing with TouchTun...

A closer look at the Scramble With Friends power-ups

I am unashamed to admit that I'm a nerd. My idea of a good time is playing a word game like Boggle or Scrabble. Thankfully, I (and many others) can play such games via Facebook and/or my (our) cell phone(s). While it seems that cheating has become more commonplace in these games (Words With Friends in particular) than San Diego has had nice weather, I've yet to give in to that craze. One element present with the game Scramble With Friends (Boggle) not present in Words With Friends (Scrabble) are legal boosts called "power-ups," which cost a number of tokens from the 15 available. I've now tried all five power-ups, including the latest one which costs money. So, in case anyone's curious about playing the game or giving these power-ups a gander, here's a rundown of them all: Freeze - I think this is probably my favorite of all the power-ups. With the freeze, time stands still for a matter of seconds, which allows you more time to find words and improve...

Film Critic Steve Rhodes Has Some Issues

Normally, I don't "bash" movie critics, because what's the point? We all have different tastes in film, so who am I to say that their tastes are wrong? But, I just bumped into a critic online the other day, and I really have to wonder about him. There is not much consistency with what he likes and doesn't like. Check that, he dislikes anything with George Clooney, he either strongly likes or dislikes films dealing with politics, and he typically enjoys Arnold Schwarzenegger films. Keep in mind that this is a major film critic. This is not a guy like me who writes blog reviews after I view a film at the theaters. Also keep in mind that I'm very open-minded when it comes to films. I enjoy: comedies, dramas, science-fiction, action, suspense/mystery, horror, romantic comedies, romance, foreign, independent, satires, amongst others. It takes a lot for me to sit down, watch a film, and dislike it. There are only a few films where after the credits start rolling, I...